Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus on Strike

Search

Aer Lingus on Strike

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2002, 10:02 AM
Pat in Philly

Aer Lingus on Strike

Just got bumped from a May 31st flight Boston to Dublin due a strike at Aer Lingus. Seems I can get to London. Any ideas on how to work this out?

Old May 29th, 2002, 10:19 AM
hilary

Not entirely sure what you meant.Will Aer Lingus not pay your way to Dublin from London-your original destination?<BR>Anyway,there are many flights each day to Dublin from London Heathrow aswell as all the other airports around London (Stansted/London City/Luton/Gatwick).Try ryanair.com for v cheap flights-only disadvantage is that you would have to change airports so leave plenty of time.Also,try gofly.com.<BR>If you are going to ahve to make your own way London-Dub,then get online soon as there will be pressure on flights due to the Aer Lingus strike.

Old May 29th, 2002, 11:00 AM
Pat in Philly

Flights already appear booked from London to Dublin(nothing on Ryanair). American will get me to Belfast a day late. Getting to Dublin from Belfast is my problem.

Old May 29th, 2002, 01:40 PM
bill

If you're in Belfast, I'd suggest not even going to Dublin. Rent a car and drive up the coast. Take the terrifying yet spectacular Torr Rd.<BR><BR>I'm not much of a fan of Dublin as big cities go. I didn't spend any time in Belfast and really don't have much reason to. Try the countryside. It's wonderful.<BR><BR>Bill

Old May 30th, 2002, 06:24 PM
Pat in Philly

Bill,<BR><BR>Thanks for your comment. Since I have a hotel reserved in Dublin and a car reserved to start touring the coutryside, I really need to get to Dublin. I'm resigned to that happening a day and a half later than I anticipated. Travel is an adventure!

Old May 30th, 2002, 07:31 PM
sjr

ANyone have any idea when strike will end? I heard it would last only 24 hours.

Old May 30th, 2002, 09:03 PM
mt

Pat in Philly, If you fly into Belfast International Airport there is a bus that will take you from there to Dublin. Also you can get a cab or bus into Belfast City and get the train to Dublin. Ask at the info desk at the airport and they will give you the details.

Old May 31st, 2002, 10:08 AM
Ann

This may be too late for you, but get a cab (or bus--ask at the airport) to the train station. You can get the train to Dublin. It's only about 2-3 hours (can't remember exactly), and it's a nice ride.

Old May 31st, 2002, 10:12 AM
Ann

BTW, make sure you have ample time to transfer at Heathrow. You'll want at least 2 hours, and more is good.<BR><BR>You may also want to just try getting a flight to Dublin yourself. Yes, it will cost you more money, but it may be worth it to avoid the hassle. Check British Midland (www.flybmi.com) and BA. Ryanair has great fares, but I don't think they fly from Heathrow, which is where I'm assuming American will deposit you.

Old May 31st, 2002, 06:45 PM
Kathy

According to Aer Lingus' toll free number, the lastest news is that all flights through Monday have been cancelled. Hopefully, they'll resume by Wednesday so I can go to Ireland as planned.