Advice on Test Valley

Search

Advice on Test Valley

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2023, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on Test Valley

Staying just outside Warminster and have a couple of Test Valley road trips planned and would like your advice of what I missed or need to miss.
Leave Warminster for Romsey. Romsey Abby, Sadlers Mill, King Johns House. Proceed to Mottisfont House then to Wherewell. Next stop Stockbridge, visit Old Church. Next Andover, Whitchurch and Wherewell then back to Warminster. Is this doable in a day or do I need 2. Also planning another day to Highclere Castle and Longparish. Thanks for your advice!
Old Feb 22nd, 2023, 09:06 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
"Leave Warminster for Romsey. Romsey Abby, Sadlers Mill, King Johns House. Proceed to Mottisfont House then to Wherewell. Next stop Stockbridge, visit Old Church. Next Wherewell, Whitchurch then Andover, and then back to Warminster."

See my edits -- you had Wherewell twice plus listed things into a sort of figure 8 that didn't make sense.

But no -- I wouldn't try this in one day if I expected to actually visit those sites. The drive alone would take close to 4 hours -- maybe 3.5 if you are very lucky. With all the stops and at least a lunch break you are talking an 8 or 9 hour day.
Old Feb 22nd, 2023, 09:10 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Not sure why you are including Longparish with a day trip to Highclere?? Longparish is between Whitchurch and Andover so right in the middle of your other day trip . . .
Old Feb 22nd, 2023, 09:49 AM

This would make a good and full day: Leave Warminster for Romsey. Romsey Abbey, Sadlers Mill, King Johns House. Proceed to Mottisfont House.

Old Feb 23rd, 2023, 10:18 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the wise advice. I have adjusted this to a two day venture and eliminated some of the backtracking.