I will be doing my first backpacking trip and it will be in Europe in Oct - end Nov or mid Dec. Some information about me. I'm 26 and I love beautiful architectures, learning about the different countries, their people and culture (so I do like to visit museums, but maybe not too many as I can spend the whole day in one! haha) and things that are out of the ordinary (E.g. the Blue Cave and Northern lights! =] ). I was an early childhood educator. So interesting things about children (e.g. interesting playgrounds, schools), I'll be interested too.
Firstly I'm from Singapore. Hence I do not experience fall so I will need some advice on packing for the season. Secondly, I have lots of places I want to visit but I'm not really sure whether I can fit all of them in, whether they're worth going and how easy it is to get to each place. Thirdly, I do have a budget. So I will be travelling mostly by train and bus (planning to get a train pass, if that's possible). Lastly, I will be travelling alone (for most places). So safety advices are MUCH appreciated. =)
As I'm currently in Switzerland, I will start off from there.
5-7 Oct => Interlaken - Jungfrau (With friends)
8-11 Oct => Salzburg (possibly, with a friend)
After that I do not really have the no. of days/nights I am spending in each cities. But below is the planned route.
Frankfurt (to visit a friend)
Stockholm (Northern Lights) *Any recommendation for the dates?
- Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Blue Cave
- Melissani Cave
Zurich (My flight will be from Zurich)
If you think that I should put in some cities or remove some, do let me know too.
P.S.: I've explored most parts of Switzerland and had been to Vienna, Budapest and Prague last year.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 2 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 3 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 4 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 5 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 6 Moscow Hotels
- 7 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 8 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 9 Airport Transfer
- 10 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 11 Dublin to Donegal
- 12 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 13 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 14 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 15 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 16 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 17 Barcelona tour option help please
- 18 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 19 New Years in France
- 20 Which Aran Island??
- 21 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 22 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 23 Easter Week in Italy
- 24 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 25 UK's Cornrwall Polzeath spring base