Advice on B&Bs in Kent around Cranbrook

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2018, 04:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are two California couples looking for recommendations for B&Bs in Kent around Cranbrook. Cranbrook looked pretty central to the properties and gardens we would like to visit (Sissinghurst being one of them). We'll be there April 29-May 2, 2018 for four nights. We like stately homes, small villages, gardens, country walks and I've done extensive research on the places we'd like to see (knowing we won't have time to see them all!). Scotney Castle, Leeds Castle, Hever Castle and Gardens, Chartwell, Great Dixter Gardens, Pashley Manor, Penshurst Place are all on our list and what we are able to see might depend on where we stay. We'd love to combine a visit to a house or garden with a country walk in the area.

There are few places I've found directly in Cranbrook, but have found interesting inns (such as Hallwood Farm and Field Green Oast) that are in the area but not in Cranbrook. Depending on availability at these two (I just contacted them) I realize I might have to expand our search to other small towns or villages. Can anyone make some recommendations? We'd like to stay under $150 USD per night for each room, which looks like it's reasonable so far. This budget can certainly be stretched for the right place.

Thank you!
Old Jan 10th, 2018, 05:47 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Anywhere w/i 10 miles of Cranbrook would be fine. $150 = approx £110. You won't get posh/stately home for that but you should be able to get a nice place.

This place is well under your budget . . . caveat: I haven't stayed there but my cousin (actually cousin-in-law) did and they liked it.
Old Jan 22nd, 2018, 05:34 PM
Original Poster

Hi Janis,

Just to let you know that we were able to book with Field Green Oast.

Thanks, Leslie
Old Jan 22nd, 2018, 07:03 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
oh jeeze - I just see I omitted the link

But you found someplace without it

​​​​​​​Looks nice
Old Jan 22nd, 2018, 07:58 PM
Original Poster

Haha...no worries! You've given me plenty of other advice on my rental car question (renting on a Sunday)...thanks!