Advice on apartment in Spain and location

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2017, 06:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With all of your help I have booked most of my accommodations and I'm on to my last city... Madrid.

Looking to book an apartment for 3 nights in June. We will be traveling with our teens and would like somewhere centrally located, quiet and not too $$.
I also could use some advice on the general planning of what to do in Madrid. We are planning on doing a day trip to Toledo and possibly Segovia if we feel that only one day is sufficient for us in Madrid. If we need 2 full days, we will skip Segovia. My kids want to do a tour of the real Madrid stadium and we will book an overview tour of Madrid upon arrival. We are not into museums or art but if there are any "must see's" we don't want to miss them.
Thanks in advance for your advice!
Kristalynn
Old Apr 3rd, 2017, 06:46 AM

A tour of Santiago Bernabéu soccer stadium takes a couple of hours (www.realmadrid.com/en/tickets/bernabeu-tour).

Hopefully you're at least into food (resaurants, tapas bars and markets), as there would be very little other reason to be in Madrid since you are not into "museums or art", something the city is known for world-wide.

You can check out esmadrid.com to see what else is going on, and possibly read Maribel's Guide to Madrid for a little more information.
Old Apr 3rd, 2017, 06:52 AM

We loved this apartment in Madrid - not sure how the second bedroom will work out for your teens (perhaps it can be converted to a twin?)

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/4196462

Great location across from Plaza Major yet very quiet. Building is beautiful
Old Apr 3rd, 2017, 06:53 AM

Oh just checked - there's a sofa bed in the living room.
Old Apr 4th, 2017, 02:28 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the info! I will check it out!
Old Apr 4th, 2017, 07:39 AM

What is "not too $$" in actual money per night? Google Madrid vacation apartments to see if Madrid has a system like Barcelona (which has a well-regulated tourist apartment industry).

Madrid's biggest attractions are ... its art museums. Thinking the Fodors Madrid page will have other to-dos.

The Bernabeu isn't centrally located, it's a metro ride from the center of the city (and it's Real Madrid with Real capitalized - Royal Madrid - your kids might get onto you for that).
Old Apr 23rd, 2017, 01:43 PM

We rented a vacation apartment through Spain Select last year with our two kids and highly recommend the company. I believe the apartment was Lope de Vega II. Great location within walking distance to shops and restaurants but also on a quiet residential street.
Our kids are teens and one of their favorite activities we did was a guided tour on Segways. We did a tour that took us near the Manzaneres River and Rio Park, places we didn't have time to get to on foot.
We all loved eating at Mercado de San Miguel. In fact we went back several times. The museums were less of a hit for us because the kids aren't necessarily interested but we did enjoy El Retiro park (near Prado museum).
Old Apr 24th, 2017, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

@cmm6797
Thank you for your input. I have actually already rented an apartment but I haven't booked anything else in Madrid so I will look into your options. We are not really into museums much either. Did you make it to Toledo or Segovia?