Advice need for booking summer airfare to Greece and maybe Italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2024, 05:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! I know that no one can predict the future, etc. But I am wondering what people are doing this year.

We go to Greece every year from the East Coast of the United States. in late August. We fly cattle class. We travel once or twice a year so we don't have points, etc. We usually fly carry on only.

For the last few years, we have been flying Aer Lingus, booked in December, January or February. Usually the flight prices dip in February-ish. Wondering if the same thing might this year.

Scandinavian Airlines has some incredibly low fares right now but I am a little scared to book them. I found a flight flying in Athens and out of Milan on the dates we want for $1500 US. For four people! We'd fly from Greece to Milan on Aegan (they are having a sale right now for families). So the whole costs of the flights to Athens, to Milan and back home are $2000. But I'm not sure if they will hassle us about carry on weight, etc. Aer Lingus is always easy-peasy.

Does Fodors think that we are better off waiting? Or should I snag the SAS flights and keep our fingers crossed.

Old Jan 4th, 2024, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fastest way to accumulate reward mile is to use a credit card from one of the airlines. For all your expenditures. Everything. No flight credits needed.

In general, prices are not coming down. That does not mean there won't be a sale, in which case the flights get gobbled up very quickly so it takes some vigilance. I monitor theflightdeal.com but you must be willing to pounce quickly when you see soemthing come up.