Reload this Page >

Advance tickets to the Vatican??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 08:33 AM
Bebe

We are leaving in three weeks on our first trip to Italy. We have purchased advance tickets for the Accademia and Uffizi Galleries in Florence to save the time waiting in line. Wondering if it possible to do the same for the Vatican? Not sure if there are separate admissions for the museums versus St.Peters. Anyone out there able to buy advance tickets? Are they necessary? Have not been able to get any good info on the vatican website.

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 08:39 AM
elaine

nope, no advance ticketing as far as I know. Visiting the museums is separate from visiting St Peter's. You can (and should) however make advance ticketing arrangements for the Scavi tour at St Peter's, if you want to do that.

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 09:00 AM
Gerry

No advance ticketing for the Vatican museums. St. Peters is an open church. No tickets are needed. Check www.twenj.com for info on everything Rome.

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 02:25 AM
Linda McIlwain

Hi Bebe <BR>Ed and Julie at www.twenj.com highly recommend making advance reservations for a tour of the Vatican gardens, Papal audience, as well as the Scavi tour. I am waiting to hear about our Scavi request for October. Good luck. <BR>Linda <BR>

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 02:36 AM
Linda McIlwain

Hi Bebe <BR>Do you mind posting the method in which you purchased advance tickets for Uffizi and Accademia Galleries? Was it a website, phone number, address? Thanks in advance. <BR>Linda

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 03:09 AM
elaine

Hi <BR>I'm not Bebe but I have the information. <BR>You can call the Uffizi directly, I believe the number is 055 294 883, or you can use a very reliable booking service called Weekend a Firenze www.waf.it to order tickets for both; they add on a fee. Give waf a couple of days to respond.

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 06:37 AM
Bebe

Linda <BR> <BR>We purchased the tickets through Florence Art website http://www.florenceart.it/. You supply the dates and time that you want, then they respond within 36 hours with a confirmation and instructions to print out the voucher. The voucher can then be taken to the advance ticket window at the museum and exchanged for a ticket. I have heard that this can avoid waits as long as one to two hours in the regular ticket line.