active weekend from london

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2004, 02:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after reading this forum for ages, i am at last posting for the first time!

my boyfriend and i just returned from an amazing trip to to slovenia. we did 3 days at lake bled and 4 at the beach in portoroz. in bled, we busied ourselves with biking, rafting, and hiking. after sitting on the beach in porotoroz for two days we missed the active days in bled.

so, we are looking to go away for the weekend at the end of the month. we live in london and do not want more than a 2-2 1/2 hour flight. can anyone recommend an area or hotel that offers lots outdoorsy activities? i think something in the 150-200 euro range would be preferred (ideally closer to 150!).
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 03:13 AM

A fellow London resident, I see that you live in Chelsea.

If you want these "sport" type activities why not go somewhere in the UK, I'm quite sure there are millions of places here for that. Maybe go to France and do some riding across the countryside? You don't need to go abroad to go "biking, rafting, and hiking" - the UK is known world over for such activites.

Or far more entertaining, go to Milan. It's the perfect time of year for one to be thinking about their autumn/winter wardrobe, not only are clothes a little cheaper in Milan, the selection is fabulous too.
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 04:03 AM
Original Poster

thanks for your response...while i realize we could do these things in the UK we have done quite a bit of traveling within the UK this summer and are eager for one last summer weekend in europe.

as for milan, though i consider shopping a sport, the boyfriend does not. milan will have to wait.
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 04:13 AM

My dear, ditch the boyfriend and go with a girlfriend. You've done the sporting things, he can compromise, I'm sure he must like to look good - get him some sharp Dolce e Gabbana suits, and also the new Prada robot t-shirts!
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 04:21 AM

What about somewhere in the Alps. Lots of the ski resorts convert themselves into summer adventure sports arenas. We went to Barcelonette last year and did rafting on the Ubaye. May not be the easiest of the towns for the airport though. If you fly into Geneva it should give you plenty of options.