Acropolis View Hotel, Athens

Old Mar 14th, 2000, 11:05 AM
Portia

Acropolis View Hotel, Athens

Fodor's recommends it. Has anyone stayed there?

How about the Art Gallery Pension?

Old Mar 14th, 2000, 12:14 PM
Walter

Acropolis View: I spent a weekend there last Jan before starting my auto trip. It's a nice (average/basic) 3* with a very good price. I searched deja and other forums and found no negative posts, I also posted and received a few positive posts/e-mails. It is outside the Plaka (10min walk) in a residential neighborhood and possibly the closest hotel to the Acropolis entrance. I know the front rooms (with a view-request one) are on a *very* quite side street. Also great views from the roof which I think is bar/cafe in the summer months. Elevator, better than average (3*) free buffet breakfast in a nice b'fast room, average size rooms, smallish bathroom (toilet,sink,shower), TV, phone, radio, minibar, large closet space, desk/chair, clean, well lit, and friendly/helpful staff. Overall it's a good value, walking distance to the sites, but outside the Plaka which can be a good thing away from the tourist restaurants & shops. Also the Hotel Austria which is ~250 south of this hotel was also recommended to me by a few posters/e-mails, it's about the same price and I know they have a website. HTH Regards, Walter

Old Mar 17th, 2000, 09:41 AM
Portia

Thanks, Walter! That was exactly the info I needed!

Old Mar 24th, 2000, 02:28 PM
Carol

I'd like to put in my two cents worth on the Acropolis View Hotel. I booked it over the Internet on Fodor's recommendation from this site and highly recommend the hotel. My mother and I shared a room. We prepaid by faxing the a Visa #. It ran about $57 a nite for both of us. The rooftop view has the best view of the Parthenon in the city. We were there in June and they put on a light show from the Acropolis each night. It's a quiet hotel, rooms are small but they have a/c and phones. Staff was great and tours come and pick you up right at the street by the hotel. I would stay there again next time I go to Athens. We got wonderful photos of the Acropolis from the rooftop garden. It isn't far to walk to the plaka or the downtown area of Athens.

Old Apr 3rd, 2000, 07:39 PM
Chuck

Please let me know the Email address
of Acropolis view hotel. Seems to be best address in town! I am planning a week's stay in Greece AprilMay. Any other noteworthy advice would be much appreciated.

Old Apr 4th, 2000, 07:16 AM
Sandy

We went to Greece in March 98 and went first to the Acropolis View. Not only was the price higher than we expected but we could not get a room w/view. So, we took a taxi over to the Hotel Attalos, Athinas 29, ph 1-3212-801, fax 1-3243-124, http://www.greecetravel.com:8001/attalos/. There, we got a great room--505. Not only did we have a balcony but we had views of both the Acropolis and Lycabettus Hill. When we returned to Athens at the end of our trip, we stayed in 605, which had even better views. The best room is 606, it's a corner room. They also have a rooftop bar. We enjoyed our stays here, we found the rooms clean and large and the staff were very helpful. All this for about $31/night. The Attalos is two blocks from Monastiraki metro and the Plaka. We could walk to everything! Check out their website!