Reload this Page >

Accomodations in Vienna

Search

Accomodations in Vienna

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 06:12 PM
len

Accomodations in Vienna

There seems to be a significant price difference in hotels on the maria hilfer strasse vs those inside the old city. Anyone with experience?

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 06:36 PM
Bob Brown

Mariahilferstrasse runs from the Kunsthistorische Museum past the Westbahnhof to Sch&ouml;nbrunn Palace, almost. It is several K long. Just which hotels did you have in mind?<BR>I am not sure it is a generalization that holds up. You are finding the hotels cheaper??

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 07:05 PM
Gloria

Hi, Len<BR>I have a nice little hotel in Vienna that is priced well, and perfectly situated. If you are interested, send me an email, I'll dig up the information and send it back to you. <BR>

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 07:21 PM
Linda

In what price range are you looking? Check nethotels.com for good hotels as well as event schedules. <BR>3-star one about 8 minutes from Opera is Hotel Drei Kronen. It is near the University and visiting professors stay there. It has a good buffet breakfast and a nice outdoor market across the street.<BR>4-star is Hotelpension Arenberg. It is within the ring, very easy walk to Air Terminal (where buses from airport arrive) and Stephensplatz. It is affiliated with Best Western but with posh Vienna feel.<BR>5-star Radisson SAS, Sacher

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 05:39 AM
bettyk

A great little hotel off of Mariahilferstrasse but closer to the Ringstrasse (behind the Museums) is the Hotel Admiral (www.admiral.co.at). For less than $100 you get a nice, clean room, great breakfast and a wonderful location. Stayed there in 1999 and have reservations to stay there again in May 2002. Highly recommend it.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 06:53 AM
Wayne

Len---I assume you mean that hotels some distance away from the center, on or near the Mariahilferstrasse, are less expensive than those in the center. That is generally true, but there are exceptions. Not knowing what you really want, I will recommend two hotels in the center that I think fall into different price ranges: (1) my favorite Koenig von Ungarn, just off Stephansplatz, and a wonderful little hotel with great classic Vienna feel; (2) Kaertnerhof, about 4 blocks north of Stephansplatz, lower in cost and a nice old hotel. Farther away from the center with a really great restaurant and also a good hotel is the Altwienerhof, not far from the Mariahilferstrasse. Vienna has almost anything you could imagine in hotels; you just need to pick an area you like and then narrow down your choices. If you haven't tried some of the Vienna web sites, give them a go. Also the Austrian National Tourist Office has a web site: anto.com. Good luck.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 08:39 AM
dougd

The old city is a wonderful area to stay in. We stayed at the Pension Nossek, which ran about $80 a night for two with breakfast. It's a simple, clean hotel with spacious rooms in a great location.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 09:45 AM
Julie

Len, You didn't mention what price range or location you were looking for but I would highly recommend the following both for price and location:<BR><BR>Pension Pertschy (Budget)<BR>Habsburgergasse 5<BR>Vienna, Austria A-1010<BR>011-43-1-534-49 phone<BR>011-43-1-534-49-49 fax<BR>I loved this hotel and have added this to my list of places that I must return to. The hotel has an elevator and stairs (if you choose – sometimes faster). My Single was very large. I had my own little hallway with a table/desk and coat/hat rack. The bathroom was off of this and upon turning a corner I had a separate room that served as my bedroom. The bedroom was very large with a double bed, tv, minibar, telephone and a wardrobe. I found it to be very quiet even though I was facing into the courtyard A wonderful buffet breakfast was included in the price and the staff was exremely kind and helpful (someone was always on the desk).<BR><BR>Let me know if you need any other information. Good luck.<BR>