Accomodations in London

Old Sep 26th, 1999, 07:19 PM
Dolly Fischer

Accomodations in London

My friend and I will be in London for 3 nights in October and are looking for inexpensive, yet nice accomodations either in London or around London, not far from tube stations and not far from London itself. We would like a room ensuite with two beds. Thanks for any help.

Old Sep 26th, 1999, 07:30 PM
jim

london's expensive, i've found, but people in the fodors forums were raving about the "travel inn-county hall" near big ben on the thames. it's a holiday inn type place, apparently, and only a year or so old. so we booked. $110/night (59 pounds/night), which i found isn't bad in london. so do a search on "travel inn" and check out the comments.

Old Sep 26th, 1999, 07:30 PM
jim

london's expensive, i've found, but people in the fodors forums were raving about the "travel inn-county hall" near big ben on the thames. it's a holiday inn type place, apparently, and only a year or so old. so we booked. $110/night (59 pounds/night), which i found isn't bad in london. so do a search on "travel inn" and check out the comments.

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 06:25 AM
kristi

My brother in law recently stayed at the Travel Inn near Tower Hill. It was L59 per night for a double and they said it was a newer hotel, clean and air conditioned.

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 07:46 PM
Dolly Fischer

Thank you all for your help. I continue to surf the net and ask other's who have been. I have a friend who lives in Suffolk with his wife and I will be e-mailing him. He just moved there a few months ago, but has been there before. I take all suggestions into account.

Old Sep 28th, 1999, 09:31 AM
mike

This past spring, I stayed at a lovely older hotel called Savoy Court, in the Marble Arch area. It is part of the Raddison chain, so the level of service is very good, but it still retains a very old time "English" atmosphere. I stayed with my wife & son & we were quite comfortable in ouf room. The hotel is one block from Oxford street &
minutes from the underground station & Hyde Park. I can't recall the rates but it was quite reasonable. There is also a small restaurant in the hotel. You may also want to check out the Cumberland Hotel, which is also in Marble Arch. It is directly across the street from Hyde Park & steps from the tube stop.