accomodations for family of 5 - London and Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2019, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm headed over to TA to start searching but thought I'd post here as well. My daughter and family / 2 adults, 3 teenish children / are headed to London and Paris in June. Suggestions for family accommodations please. They have used VRBO and AriBnB in the past - but apartments in Paris will be difficult? what about London? Oh price?! maybe $300 - could be more if necessary. Thanks for giving me some direction.
Old Dec 27th, 2019, 08:22 AM

I would head over to Booking.com instead. Use the filters to narrow down your choices. And make sure any apartment you rent in Paris has the official registration number - if it doesn't, it's illegal.
Old Dec 27th, 2019, 08:40 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
London rentals are fine -- as you say you'll have more problems in Paris.

$300 = approx £225 and €260. £200-£225 is pretty low to sleep 5 in London though they'll probably be able to find something. Maybe look at University accommodations - they almost all offer housing either in student accommodations or in purpose built holiday flats. Unfortunately the best two bargain hotel chains (Premier Inn and Travelodge) don't allow 5 in a room, but some central Travelodges are so cheap they could afford two rooms (look in Covent Garden, Kings Cross, Russel Square areas for good Travelodges)
Old Dec 27th, 2019, 06:33 PM

Check out the Citadines apartments. I haven't stayed there but I have heard good things about them.
Old Dec 27th, 2019, 06:55 PM

You say 'teeninsh' which makes a HUGE difference. For example, Citadines considers children only up to 12yo. So say IF one of the kids is pre-teen, they'd be booking 4 adults and one child . . . so there is no way Citadines would fit in the budget. They'd be booking the very most expensive units which could be well over £500 per night.
Old Dec 27th, 2019, 10:38 PM

We used London Connection for an apartment this past summer and were very happy.
Old Jan 2nd, 2020, 08:47 AM

We stayed at Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées and it was wonderful. Our suite had 3 bathrooms. This may be above the budget but check for online sale. It was an apartment style hotel in a great location. Our suite had a view of the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe. Very close to Roosevelt train station.
Old Jan 2nd, 2020, 09:10 AM

There are Fraser Suites in London too (probably over budget for a group that size - but rates are VERY date specific)
Old Jan 7th, 2020, 06:45 PM

We couldn't find 2 bedrooms in London for less than $300-400 a night--we went in June. We went with One Fine Stay--not necessarily budget, but they had great properties and they are managed very, very well. They operate in London and Paris.
Old Jan 8th, 2020, 07:53 AM

We usually stay at Vancouver Studios in Bayswater, they have a three bedroom garden apartment which sleeps six at GBP 300/night. Have booked the same place again for May. This is higher than the OP’s budget, but $300 for a family of five seems a bit low for London.
Old Jan 8th, 2020, 08:41 PM

Here is another company for London that has good reviews

https://www.aplacelikehome.co.uk/
Old Jan 9th, 2020, 07:45 AM

Our family group of seven recently visited Paris. I had considered the Aparthotel Adagio Paris Buttes Chaumont, but they only had apartments for five, so I was considering renting a studio apartment for the other two. In the end I found an apartment just outside Paris, in Bagnolet, that comfortably held all seven of us.

The apartment for five at the Adagio had two double bedrooms and a sofabed in the living room. The price was about €350. It's not very centrally located, but it was near several metro stops, and several people on Fodors who know Paris well assured me that it was a very nice neighborhood.