Reload this Page >

accomodation in Provance

Search

accomodation in Provance

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 1999, 05:43 AM
mickey

accomodation in Provance

this is our first trip to France . I would like to visit Provance and would appreciate information on accomodation, siteseeing etc <BR>i would like to experiance the lifestyle of the people without going to the most expensive places to dine etc. <BR> <BR>good tourist accomodation apreciated. <BR> <BR>please help <BR> <BR>Mickey and husband

Old Jul 14th, 1999, 02:16 PM
elvira

Mickey, do a search on this forum under Provence, and you'll find beaucoup info! <BR>And your desire to experience the lifestyle of the people is best rewarded in the LEAST expensive places. <BR>If you rent a car, you can visit lots of small villages and scenic spots that are difficult to get to via public transportation. On the other hand, public transportation lets you interact with the locals. <BR>Here ares a couple of websites: http://www.laprovence.com/ <BR>http://www.provence.guideweb.com/index.html

Old Jul 14th, 1999, 03:09 PM
Beth

If you had a whole week to spend you might consider renting a villa. I've seen several websites with cottages in Provence and I would think that would be the best way to experience the lifestyle. Let me know if you want me to dig up the URL's. <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 15th, 1999, 02:51 AM
greg

We have a lovely village house in Beaumes de Venise not too far from Avignon and which makes a great base to see the Vaucluse, Bouches du Rhone end of Provence. We do rent it by the week but it is heavily booked at the moment. I guess it depends when you intend to go. Email me for more details.

Old Jul 16th, 1999, 04:37 PM
topper

!