Reload this Page >

Accomodation in London

Search

Accomodation in London

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2000, 08:37 PM
Cindy

Accomodation in London

Hi, <BR>My husbad and I are planning a package tour for Europe in the mid April. The tour doesn't include UK trip, we just start from London without sightseeing. But the travel agent said we have to get to London at least 1 day before we start the trip and stay overnight. They said they can book a 4 star hotel for us and it will cost CAD$90 /person/night. We thought that was too expensive. <BR>Since we're gonna stay there for a night, we prefer to have a quick tour in London. <BR>Do you know any cheap accomodation? We prefer B&B since we don't need to worry about breakfast We want something under CAD$100 per night per room (not by person). <BR>If you know any convenient location and cheap one, please let me know. <BR> <BR>p.s. BTW, how's the transportation in London? Is it convenient to go around or it's like here in North America? (I mean if we need a car.) <BR> <BR>Thanks a lot, <BR> <BR>Cindy

Old Feb 26th, 2000, 06:30 PM
ron

Hi, Cindy, I guess since no one else has answered, its up to me to break the news to you: <BR>1. C$180 is an excellent price for a 4 star hotel in central London - remember it almost certainly includes breakfast and taxes (if it doesn't, your TA is not dealing straight with you!). <BR> <BR>2. If you insist on C$100 you are looking at rooms in hostels, or dodgy B&Bs, without private baths, away from the centre. <BR> <BR>3. Public transportation in London is excellent. Don't even think of a car - traffic is horrible, parking is scarce and expensive (if you think hotels are expensive, what would you think of C$75 for 24 hrs parking?). <BR> <BR>Have a good trip, <BR> <BR>Ron

Old Feb 27th, 2000, 05:04 AM
Russ

If you're using Gatwick, the Copperwood Guest House is just a couple of minutes away in Horley. Owners will shuttle you to and from airport. Very nice, quiet place, great hosts, easy train ride into London, 48 pounds Sterling. <BR> <BR>Pictures and contact info at: <BR> <BR>www.accomodata.com/261297.htm

Old Feb 27th, 2000, 05:06 AM
Russ

Oops. The Copperwood's price is 48 pounds for a double.

Old Feb 28th, 2000, 05:06 PM
Cindy

Quick question, what is Gatwick?

Old Feb 29th, 2000, 04:30 AM
elaine

Hi Cindy <BR>I thought I posted this yesterday, but it doesn't seem to be here: <BR>Church Farm House, Wisley, Surrey <BR>Phone 1932 351683 <BR>Restored manor house. Easy drive from both Gatwick and Heathrow. They may be able to arrange a pickup. It's also near West Byfleet train station for easy transport into London. <BR>Gatwick is a major airport outside of London, handling many transatlantic flights. If you wanted to stay in London, there is a Gatwick express bus that goes from the airport to Victoria Station in London. <BR>If you're planning on sightseeing in London that day, keep in mind that you will be tired from traveling. <BR>good luck <BR>

Old Feb 29th, 2000, 05:01 AM
Shelley

Cindy, <BR>There are many websites with London hotel information. Go to www.dogpile.com and do a search on 'london hotel' and you'll probably get more hotel options that you care to know about. Your second option is to go to the library or bookstore and look through London guidebooks under 'acommodations'. <BR>