accomodation in florence for family

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2003, 12:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Message: well, thanks to all your help, we are narrowing our end of June trip down. I have found an apartment for 3 nights in Venice and a place in Vernazza. Still looking around in Lake Como area and am just starting to tackle Florence. Any suggestions on reasonably priced places to stay? some people mentioned a b&B but not sure if it is the best choice for the kids (or if they would want us - a 15, 13
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 12:53 PM

We just returned from Italy 2 days ago and stayed 3 nights at the Hotel Alessandra in Florence. We paid E191 for a triple, but my son's bed appeared to be a trundle with a pull out bed underneath. The hotel is very well located and clean, our room was large and the service is warm and accomodating. It is, however, a 2 star, which measns that it is somewhat spartan accomodations with few amenities. Even so, I would recommend it for a family. After all, how much time will you be spending in the room? Have fun.
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 01:36 PM

Rootcher- You might consider renting an apartment, try this website: www.torreguelfa.com this is actually a 3 star hotel , but they do have an apt. that I think would accomadte a family- its not shown on the site, but email them and inquire about it.<BR>Also 2 very popular places listed on this site are the hotel Casci &amp; the hotel Bellettini.<BR>If you do a serach under the hotel names listed above or Florence hotels , you should be able to get lots of info.<BR>Good luck,<BR>la dolce Italy<BR>Fluffy
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 02:53 PM

Try sleepinginitaly.com.
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 04:28 PM

We stayed with our daughter at Hotel Villa Belvedere which was great--very large room, plus it had a garden and pool, great views of the city, and a wonderful St. Bernard named Ben. The owners were so helpful and it even had a restaurant. Only issue may be if you have a car or not--it was a little bit of a hike from the city center (but short cab ride) and they do have parking on the premises. I'd stay there again.
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 08:37 AM

Windows on Tuscany (windowsontuscany.com) has a large variety of nice apartments throught Florence and the surrounding countryside. We stayed in a very nice apartment on the oltrano section and LOVED it. We now prefer apartments to hotels...you really get a much better feel for the real city.