Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Accommodations in Cesky Krumlov & Ceske Budejovice

Jan 29th, 2001, 04:09 PM
Kimberly

Do you have any recommendations for accommodations in Cesky Krumlov or Ceske Budejovice? We are interested in small hotels or private rooms. Thanks!

Jan 29th, 2001, 05:21 PM
the turnip

Cesky Krumlov is filled with B&B's. We simply parked (which was the hardest part of the process) and then looked at a couple different places before deciding. It was EASY. If you're driving make sure your B&B has a place for you to park. The town is great for walking and you shouldn't any further transportation.

We planned on going to Ceske Budejovice but were convinced to try Marianske Lazne instead and loved it. Very quaint little town with bargains everywhere and friendly people. NO Americans to be seen. Again many many B&B's to be found.

Have a great time!

cheers, the turnip

Jan 29th, 2001, 05:23 PM
the turnip

Sorry brain freeze - meant to say "The town is great for walking and you shouldn't need any further transportation."

Jan 29th, 2001, 06:39 PM
Rex

From a trip itinerary I had to cancel - - stay there and let me know if it is as charming as I was hoping it would be:

www.hotelsprague.cz/02cesky_krumlov/barbak_e.htm

People say that Cesky Krumlov has been a little bit "over-discovered" - - I hope it is still good for you!

Jan 29th, 2001, 06:47 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Kimberly, I believe that the above is the url for Pension Barbakan where we stayed 2 years ago. Not fancy, but very adequate and we paid about $50. It was easy to find s we drove into town. We loved Cesky Krumlov,

Jan 30th, 2001, 05:42 AM
Kimberly

Thank you all so much!

Jan 30th, 2001, 02:31 PM
alan

Hi Kimberly
We stayed in Cesky Krumlov 2 years ago. We were at a small pension called the Hotel Mini. It is right in the center of the city. It included breakfast downstairs at a restaurant that they had an arangement with and free parking. Each morning we were given a dated piece of paper from the hotel and placed it in the car. They have aparking area near the hotel but you need the slip. Besides the resaurant there is a leather shop and you have to walk through it to the hotel They give you a key in case you come back late. It was agreat experience and the room had a shower and toilet. It was about $35 per night for a great location and a great place to park also.
alan