Accommodation in Paris

Jul 23rd, 2001, 07:03 PM
Kirsten

Accommodation in Paris

I am travelling to Paris for a wedding on Dec 29 this year. I have been there a few times before but have never had to look for budget accommodation ... I am wanting one step above a youth hostel and would like somewhere around St Germain du Pres or Invalides if that helps. Does anyone have any tips there or in other places in the city?
Many thanks.

Jul 23rd, 2001, 07:34 PM
andi

Hotel de la place des vosges is a good bet. It's in the 4th (Marais), great location, good value (under $100). I actually paid $62 a night two years ago, a friend just stayed there and I think she paid around $80. The rooms are tiny but clean, and the price includes a nice breakfast.

Jul 23rd, 2001, 07:47 PM
Al

Hotel de Turenne is about 3 blocks from Invalides, one block from the Ecole Militaire metro stop. Small rooms, small prices, nice breakfast, handy.

Jul 23rd, 2001, 09:17 PM
Betty

This site has a few 1* hotels in the areas you mention. http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/75paristoureiffel.htm

Jul 23rd, 2001, 11:11 PM
nospam

Hi! Returned from Paris last week. Stayed at a 2-star hotel: Hotel du Mont Blanc. It's a budget hotel in the Latin Quarter. It's in a bustling area and the nearest metro is St. Michel. The staff is nice, the bathroom is clean, the decor isn't that great, but the room served its purpose. Have a great time!

Jul 24th, 2001, 07:06 AM
Book Chick

Hi Kirsten,
You might want to try the Grand Hotel Leveque in the 7th. They have clean, basic accomodations at good rates. They have their own website & that's how we made our reservations.
Bon Voyage,
BC

Jul 24th, 2001, 07:33 AM
lisa

Highly recommend Grand Hotel des Balcons. Wonderful location in the 6th near Blvd. St. Germain. It's a two-star. All the rooms have private bathrooms. The single I stayed in was around $75 per night but they have some that are less expensive if you don't care about having a balcony. The staff is very helpful, it's really close to the metro and lots of great restaurants and shopping, etc. Also, they serve an excellent breakfast for a small extra charge that is well worth the money. The website is www.balcons.com.

Jul 24th, 2001, 07:58 AM
s.fowler

There are a number of good two star hotels in the Invalides area. Also in the $70 range is Hotel La Motte Picquet. This is where we stay.. right on the corner of the market street rue Cler!

Search this Thread