Accommodation in Budapest

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 10:45 PM
Rowena

Accommodation in Budapest

Me and my husband are going to visit Budapest this summer and are looking for accomodation. Which side should we stay- Buda or Pest? Any good suggestion for B&B or pension, hotel there (but not the luxurious type)?

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 05:01 AM
kay

Follow Fodor you can't go wrong. We are getting ready to stay at the Hotel Victoria or the Kulturinov. Very reasonable and supposedly great.

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 05:07 AM
don

there is a new hotel next to the Kulturinov, called Berg Hotel. You may want to check it out, comparable prices, a bit less than the Victoria, I think.

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 06:19 AM
mikey

Stayed at the Kulturinov in May. It was a former government building with the second floor converted to a hotel. Rooms are OK and the bathrooms need a little work. I think all the rooms have single beds. It is clean and the breakfast was decent. The area is great with a few good restaurants, grocery store and some shopping and flea market on the weekends. and a bus stop right down the street. The Across the street is a Hilton if you want a drink or eats. Do a opera at St. Valdez's next door. I would stay there again.

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 06:51 PM
Linda

We stayed with Dr. & Mrs. Walter Fleps--he's a retired lawyer/chemistry professor. You take a bus to the metro & 3 stops you are downtown. His home overlooks the city and the terrace from your bedroom is a great view. You get a private bathroom and very good breakfast for about $40/night for 2. He has published a book of walking tours. His address is Bogar utca 20b, 1022 Budapest, Hungary.

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 09:55 PM
Art

Linda, you beat me to it again. Rowena, I also stayed with the Fleps in Sept 99. Very nice people, he is very knowledgeable about Budapest and they are very nice hosts.