Reload this Page >

About this guy Art

Search

About this guy Art

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 10:10 AM
nnn

About this guy Art

Art has to be the worst speller on this board and they can't all be "typos". Also, has anyone ever seen Art? In one of his postings, he claims to be 6'5" tall.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 10:19 AM
Buyer

There are several Arts that I've seen post on this board, so your attempt to drive one of the Arts off is kind of a joke.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 10:25 AM
SharonM

nnn, <BR>...and your point is??? <BR>Why on earth would you create a post like this? <BR> <BR>I can certainly see why you would not post your real name. I would be ashamed to, as well.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 10:32 AM
Rex

Art Hussey is a stalwart on this board, and yes, he mis-spells some wurds - - whut of it? <BR> <BR>He just gave a brief report of his (second) Southern California Fodorites' get-together - - perhaps the largest ever, at about 20 people. I'm sure this can provide you with some physical descriptions. Regrettably, I was not able to attend (from Ohio) - - though Tony and Emily (from Scotland) did. <BR> <BR>He has mentioned a September trip to Poland, Romania and Slovakia (search "vlads castle") - - and I have tried, with no success to get some additional interest in other Fodorites' joining in. <BR> <BR>And, nnn - - to the best of my knowledge, he never posts anonymously - - and fiercely defends goes after anyone who attacks another Fodorite with the ever-popular vicious smear campaigns - - that some people like to wage behind unsigned postings. <BR> <BR>Rex Bickers <BR>Westerville, Ohio <BR>

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 12:41 PM
Art

To whom it may concern. Yes I am an Atrocious speller. On the other hand I've designed computer databases that have been running for 10 or more years and in one case for 16 years. I'm not 6'5", I'm only 6'4". I learned to type very fast when younger and do have occasional typos as I'm trying to keep up with my thoughts. I still don't know the point of your post other then to attack me. If this is true, then you are no better than the other cowardly and anonymous postors that have attacked other posters in the past.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 01:03 PM
stacey

Thatta way, Art!

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 01:06 PM
Thyra

Fight on Art!!!We support you!!! I guess nnn is trying to systematically destroy this board... fly away little troll and move back to Lonely Planet please. <BR>BTW Art, thanks for hosting a very nice Fodorite Party this past weekend. It was very gracious of you to open your home and invite us.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 01:23 PM
mark

Being an admirerer (sp?) of Budapest also - as is Art, who has given some good tips regarding this beautiful city - the occasional mis-spelling doesn't bother me at all - this is after all, a travel forum not some copy writer forum.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 01:43 PM
Gloria

Hey, Art, I have the same problem. I can't type as fast as my brain works and I find myself making spelling and grammar errors. So what? Anyone with half a brain can figure it out what we are saying! <BR>I have conducted searches on a variety of the posters here. It seems one can only post for a period of time before someone tries to pull them down. I guess this person thought it was your turn. <BR>I look to you for great insight on the Eastern part of Europe and really respect your opinions and advice. <BR> <BR>Thank you for your contributions, Art.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 02:52 PM
nancy

Since this has not sunk to the second page yet, I do not feel guilty about bringing it to the top. <BR>Who cares about spelling errors? <BR>Is this a class ? <BR>Is Art to be "graded" on the correctness of his spelling, or appreciated for his comments? <BR>I go for his comments, <BR> couldn't care less about spelling errors, and could not care less if Art is 6'5" or 6'4" <BR>My husband is 6'4", <BR> tall is tall! <BR>But I guess it was time for someone to start an unpleasant/absurd thread.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 04:36 PM
Rex

Every once in a while, Fodor's has the good sense to remove threads like this one - - curiously similar to the actions of the jerk who threw a big greasy spitball up on the blackboard back when we were in the seventh grade. <BR> <BR>If you monitor this board at all, Danny, David - - take this one down - - anyone want to write to [email protected] - - huh? (and you could mention the need to keep working on a better search engine - - and timestamps, okay?) <BR>

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 06:41 AM
kavey

I am with Art and Gloria, my typing doesnt keep up with my thoughts and i kind of force speed my fingers through the typing and quite often come iup with bollox... <BR> <BR>And in any case, what does spelling have to do with giving travel advice? <BR> <BR>Apart from place names (which others can correct if need be) the advice itselfg is what is valued in Art's woinderful postings... <BR> <BR>get a life nnnnnnnnnn.... and stop attacking others <BR>

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 06:46 AM
xxx

To paraphrase a centuries-old truism: <BR> <BR>Ars longa, nnn brevis... <BR>

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 06:58 AM
Cindy

Guy Art? Is that some new sculpting technique or something? Like maybe the artist never cleans up after himself when he's finished?

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 07:08 AM
Jeff

Dang. I thought this was going to be a funny post: Kind of like: "This guy Art. I keep hearing about him. Apparently, he lives all over Europe, even stays in the Louvre. Anyone heard of him? I think his last name is Neauvo or something like that. He must be some celeb! How does he do it? I've heard he has a sister named Sculpture. Anyone ever met one of them?" And so on. My thoughts are not that creative/funny this a.m., but I was hoping the thread would be (funny/creative). Instead, we have yet another personal attack thread.

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 07:09 AM
Joe

I seldom open posts like this. Usually just pass over them. However, didn't know if this one was positive, negative, what? nnn should understand that the process of communication only requires that information is conveyed and understood. Anything beyond that is art and superfluous to the process. Not wrong (I love the written word), but superfluous none the less. I have no difficulty understanding Art's posts and, therefore, communication has taken place. nnn needs to direct his/her (?) attention in a more constructive manner. Art, I love Hungary. Keep it coming.

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 07:11 AM
dan woodlief

I think you could call the statue of David guy art, but most guys can only hope to be like David.

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 07:44 AM
Annette

I shouldn't add to this but I will anyway. <BR> <BR>I remember back in school a teacher told me William Butler Yeats was an awful speller, so you're in good company, Art. Hearing about Eastern Europe is a lot better than perfect spelling and typos anyway. If I had more than eight vacation days to play with in the fall, I'd be interested in your Hungarian trip!

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 08:32 AM
sadly,english is

People who live in glass houses, nnn, shouldn't throw stones. Your first sentence breaks at least two rules of proper sentence structure. <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 08:43 AM
Deena

I met Art when he came to one of the Chicago Fodorite 'get togethers'. He was very interesting and had some fantastic photographs from his trips. He is 6'4'' (not that it matters). Art always contributes positively to this site. Who cares about his spelling?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -