Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > About how much can one expect to pay for a taxi from Gare du Nord to Grand Hotel des Balcons in the 6th?

About how much can one expect to pay for a taxi from Gare du Nord to Grand Hotel des Balcons in the 6th?

May 1st, 2001, 03:25 PM
parisvisitor

About how much can one expect to pay for a taxi from Gare du Nord to Grand Hotel des Balcons in the 6th?

For one person, Saturday, during daytime hours? Any idea?

May 1st, 2001, 03:34 PM
Christina

I would guess in the range of US$18-$25 (125-175F), see what others say. I've taken a cab from that train station to Montparnasse, a little farther, and it was a lot more expensive than you would think (maybe $30) by the distance as traffic was bad, but that was during a weekday. I've also taken a cab from Montparnasse train station to close-in Latin Qtr on a Saturday daytime and that was about 75F, as I recall; that was a few years ago before they raised rates and a shorter distance.

May 1st, 2001, 04:23 PM
StCirq

I've taken cabs from the Gard du Nord (well, right around the corner from it) to the 7me (near Ecole Militaire) on several occasions and paid between 85 and 150F, depending on time of day, traffic, and skill of taxi driver. I would guess the fare to the 6me would be roughly equivalent.

May 1st, 2001, 04:30 PM
Thyra

I have taken that taxi ride same train station, same hotel, and it depends upon what time of day and how many bags actually, in Paris they charge a bag suppliment, I believe it was approx 20$ with tip, in 1999 arriving around 7 pm.

May 1st, 2001, 04:37 PM
wendy

I was going to say entre 80-100FF.

May 1st, 2001, 06:32 PM
Fred

Saturday morning about $30. In the afternoon a bit more due to more traffic. P.S. - You should like Grand Hotel des Balcons. Here are some comments about it from people who stayed there:
hotel is terrific
recommend it highly
The rooms are clean
simply furnished with contemporary furniture
Very friendly people
For more Paris information e-mail me- [email protected]

May 1st, 2001, 06:44 PM
StCirq

No way it's going to cost $30 unless you have a dunce of a taxi driver, even on a Saturday.

May 1st, 2001, 06:52 PM
RightOn

Fred is just trolling to get you to pay $10 for his miserable website. StCirq and others are right - it will cost about $10-$20 at most for one with little or no luggage.

May 1st, 2001, 07:07 PM
Boots

Or if you know Paris or have a good map, you can take the RER B line going south to Luxembourg and walk downhill about five blocks--all for a couple of dollars.

May 1st, 2001, 07:33 PM
StCirq

Boots: You're absolutely right, for a single person without much luggage, this is probably the way to go.

May 2nd, 2001, 08:41 AM
parisvisitor

Thanks everybody for all your responses. I will have very little luggage so may take the RER, depending on how I'm feeling after a long night of travel, but wanted to know the taxi fares just in case.

Search this Thread