Reload this Page >

? about European travel at Easter.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 01:14 PM
nina

Our school system changed the schedule for next year, so we now have a vacation in April, the week before Easter. I know it's a very busy and expensive week to travel in the States, but how about in Europe? I was considering it for next year with my husband and our sons who will be 10 and 13 then. <BR><BR>Is it a very busy travel week? Will it be difficult and expensive to get hotel and airline reservations? If anyone has traveled in Europe at this time I would love to hear some feedback. Thank you!

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 01:36 PM
Sheila

It's busy. prices rise and flights are harder to get

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 01:43 PM
nina

I was afraid of that. Our other vacation is Presidents week in February. Another busy, expensive week. Can you tell that I'm not happy with the new school schedule?

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 01:53 PM
anon

We traveled with our four kids last spring break, April 2001 (they're off the Friday before Easter, as well as the whole week following Easter). We booked our airfare around the first of February (and got fantastic fares), and solidified all lodging and car rental after that. We really didn't have any problems. We made a point to stay in small villages (using apartment rentals...a great thing to do if you're traveling w/ kids), and didn't even encounter crowds. It probably depends on what type of "European travel" you have in mind, but we thought it was great traveling during spring break, and off the beaten path. It worked out so well for us that we're starting to plan a similar trip next year. Good luck!

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 02:06 PM
KT

If you like an urban museum-type vacation and don't mind bundling up with a waterproof coat, the week of President's day can actually be a pretty good time to go to Europe. It's not a vacation time there, fares are low, many hotels have off-season rates, the museums are definitely not crowded, and you can stop into cafes for coffee and hot chocolate. I realize it's probably not what you've always dreamt of, but if you get a lemon....