Reload this Page >

A place to stay in Edinburgh's Old Town

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 07:07 AM
Heather

My husband and I went to Edinburgh this past summer and want to go back in July '03 (yes, we REALLY liked it) Previously we stayed in the New Town, but thought we might like a change. Can anyone recommend a moderately priced B&B or hotel in the Old Town? I don't need anything fancy, just clean (and a big breakfast helps!) Thanks!

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 09:38 AM
Nicole

We stayed at The Point Hotel (http://www.point-hotel.co.uk/) on Bread St. in Edinburgh's Old Town in 2001. The price was good (100 pounds) for the location, which was excellent. I can't say we liked the decor - very minimalist, kind of strange. However, it was clean and comfortable, and as I said, the location couldn't be beat for the price in my opinion. You're just a few blocks from the Grassmarket and other key areas of the Old Town, and a short walk to the castle (the view of the castle is fabulous). The breakfast was buffet style and big -- eggs, sausage, etc.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 10:40 AM
fred

My wife and I stayed at the Ibis Hotel just off the Royal Mile. It was inexpensive - 60 pounds in May - and couldn't have been more central. No breakfast though. It's part of a chain but after 2 weeks hiking in Ireland and Scotland it was nice to have all the conveniences. Jury's is also in the Old Town but I don't know anything about that particular one.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 10:55 AM
Judy

Hi Heather, we stayed at the Tailor Hall Hotel. great location, very central, and very nice breakfast buffet with choice of eggs. It is a very historic old building, that I just loved on sight! In fact it is the oldest building we have ever stayed in. We also like the Three Sisters pub that is a part of the hotel. <BR>FYI, Judy

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 12:23 AM
Callum Johnstone

Give the Travel Lodge on St Mary Street (just off the Royal Mile) a try. I have always found them to be an agreeable hotel chain, and usually very good on price.<BR><BR>Their website is<BR><BR>www.travelodge.co.uk

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 01:22 AM
alice

the Apex International Hotel is quite nice,it is very modern and has a minimalistic interior and a nice brasserie, located in the grassmarket, which is just a lovely place to stay in Edinburgh.