Search

a Paris hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 1999, 10:20 AM
Jean

a Paris hotel

Does anyone know the phone number/address of a hotel in Paris called La Pavillon - on Rue St. Dominic? (near Eiffel Tower).

Old Jan 19th, 1999, 10:30 AM
bob brown

There is a hotel by that name at 54 rue Saint Dominique. I read this number off of the web page: 01 45 51 42 87 <BR>Hope that is the establishment.

Old Jan 19th, 1999, 10:55 AM
Bob Brown

Thanks for such a quick response. Yes, I'm sure this is the hotel. It's been 5 years since I've been there and wanted to see if it's still around. <BR>What web page? <BR>Jean

Old Jan 19th, 1999, 11:47 AM
Jean

Bob, Thanks for the quick reply. What web page is this hotel a reference? <BR>Jean

Old Jan 19th, 1999, 02:57 PM
bob brown

Hi Jean. By the way, the fax number is 01 45 51 32 79 for that hotel on Rue Dominique -- La Pavillon <BR> <BR>How did I find it? Well, I will give away my professional secrets. When you gave me the clue of the Eiffel Tower, I figured it was in the 7th Arr. <BR> <BR>So I scanned the web page I have been pondering over for several days trying to pick a hotel in Paris. If you look up and down the postings you will see where I asked about a hotel with Turenne in the name. <BR> <BR>To locate the place where I found the information, first go to <BR>www.france-hotel-guide.com/75paristoureiffel.htm Then scan down the page in the general listings (!) until you see a red heart next to Palais Bourbon. Then look under the picture of the statue, which I figure is a Rodin, and you should find the line for the hotel with the address and phone numbers. I think I exaggerated a bit when I said "web page". The hotel itself has no web page per se as I can discover. If you find one let me know. Anyhow, it took a little sluething, but I came up with it. Must be my training as a historian or my natural born stubborness. My professor of French history used to ask such tripe on tests as "What was the color of Cardinal Mazarin's left big toe nail?" (I never worked professionally as a historian; I got into management systems.) <BR>

Old Jan 20th, 1999, 09:55 AM
Jean

Bob you're the best! A friend of mine is going to Paris in April (I've begged her to pack me in her suitcase) and I remembered this cute little hotel. Stayed there 5 years ago and wondered if it's still there. <BR> <BR>Historian huh? My degree is in history and georgaphy that I'm currently NOT using in graphic design/desktop management.

Old Jan 20th, 1999, 10:51 AM
Bob Brown

We hope to go to Paris in mid September, but my wife's vacation application is still pending. (I hope her boss hurries up because we need to make plans for a two week trip.) If you have any more information on hotel(s) in Paris, please email me the details. I have not made a decision yet because of the delay we have encountered getting vacation time approved. So I am still informing myself by reading the forums.