A Nice Place to Stay in Florence

May 16th, 2001, 12:15 AM
Jack Nakamura

A Nice Place to Stay in Florence

We will be in Florence on June 14 & 15 for 2 nights. Would like recomendation to stay at like to pay $150. all sugestions welcome

May 16th, 2001, 09:48 AM
J. Reich

Jack,

I have been to Florence the last 5 years. I have always stayed at the Hotel Picadilly. It is about a five minute walk to downtown. It is a family run hotel. They are very friendly. The cost is reasonable. It is well under your $150 price. It was remodeled about 2 years ago. The rooms and beds are comfortable. It is located at Via XXVII Aprile, 18.
Enjoy Florence, it is very beautiful and friendly.

May 16th, 2001, 10:01 AM
brownie

Hi,

We stayed at Pension Ferreti - dbl room with bathroom came up to L120,000 a night. I think that's about USD60?

I haven't got the info on me at themoment - they are available on the web. Send me an e-mail if you'd like more information.

They're close to the station and pretty much everywhere else in Florence. We walked from there to pretty much everywhere of interest.

May 16th, 2001, 11:00 AM
me

another in your price range is Hotel Casci, recommended frequently on this board and in guide books. www.hotelcasci.com

May 16th, 2001, 12:00 PM
LJ

We have returned over and over again to Hotel Porta Faenza, 77 via Faenza,nr. Straw market and Tel 055-217975 or email [email protected]. It is a 3- star hotel within easy walking distance of Santa Maria Novella train station, but out of the bustle and tackiness of that general area. Good value for money, recenlty refurbished, but still very old world charm. It is run by an ex-pat Canadian and her family who all speak excellent English and understand the needs of North American tourists ("how much should the cab to the airport cost?" "where can I get Crest toothpaste?")All AC and with TV/ cable in Eng. I am particularly keen to recommend them when I get the chance because they were so kind to my 83-year old Mum when we took a trip together last year...popping up to the room with a cup of tea (!yes, in Italy!) when she was tired and I had a day to myself. Nice people.

May 16th, 2001, 12:19 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Hey Jack, Is that for this June or for 2002---you may not get your first choice this late if you mean this year.
But, try Morandi alla Crocetta. Good luck---you will love Florence but it will be crowded on those dates.

May 18th, 2001, 08:33 AM
joan

Hi there!
I found this really helpful site for my vacation. I hope you find something too!

http://www.charmingflorence.com/accommod/hotel2.htm
These are 3 star hotels and they should come within your budget.
Have a nice trip
joan

May 18th, 2001, 08:48 AM
Frank

We just returned from Italy 3 days ago. We spent 4 nights at the Grand Hotel Cavour at 300,000 ITL night ($150). It is a 3 star hotel. We had a good size room, very clean with a great bathroom. Breakfasts were good. Our only complaint was that they don't turn on the air conditioning until June 1, so that should not be a problem for you. It is in a very central location, on via Proconsolo, right behind the Duomo, so we had a short walk to all the sights.
http://www.hotelcavour.com/

May 19th, 2001, 12:00 AM
NoSpam

Spam alert - someone at Tuscany.net has got themselves a new alias and is 'helpfully' replying to lots of posts - charmingflorence.com and charmingtuscany.com are all the same company. This is blatant commercial advertising - they are an agency. Go away - again.