Lucca/Levanto Lodging Help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, we will be in Italy at the beginning of June and going to Venice, Rome, Lucca, and Levanto/another Riviera town. I've booked venice and rome, but need some help for the last two.
I've looked at Lucca in Centro for Lucca
and Villa Margherita in Levanto. I am a student, so my wife and I need a nice place on a BUDGET. Thanks for your help.
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 06:37 PM

Look at Piccolo Puccini in Lucca.
Villa Margherita is a good choice in Levanto.
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 11:45 PM

Try hotel Diana in Lucca http://www.venere.com/lucca/diana/
Old May 1st, 2004, 06:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. Has anyone heard of "Lucca in centro" ? it has a very reasonable price (60 euros) and good location (I think). www.luccaincentro.it
I should preface everything with the fact that the wife and I have never been to Italy and I just discovered this website a couple of days ago. I wish I had found it the day we decided to go to Italy!
Old May 1st, 2004, 07:45 AM

We Stayed in a nice place in Levanto. The hotel was on the second floor over a bank, I believe. The name of the Hotel was Stella Maris. The people were very nice, it was reasonable and easy to find with parking available. It is an easy walk to the trains into the Cinque Terre.
Old May 1st, 2004, 12:07 PM

Spend some time at slowtrav.com for all things about travel in Italy and especially Tuscany.
Old May 1st, 2004, 04:37 PM

In Levanto, the hotel Europa is a good choice if the Villa Margherita is not available (it was closed when we were there). It is friendly, has old-fashioned rooms (wood furniture, shuttered windows, simple bedspreads) that are very comfortable and our bathroom was large and modern. Nice people, good location, ample breakfast.

Levanto is a nice town: minutes from the Cinque Terre National Park by train; a variety of restaurants (we had fabulous pastas with pesto and with wild greens, deliciolus fish and pizza); pretty buildings and beach; several bars; and generally a good central location on that part of the coast. Oh, and good gelato.

By the way, if you are on a budget, there is a hostel in Levanto that looked nice. I think it is called "ospitalia del mare."
Have a good trip.