a litttle curious

Mar 26th, 2001, 11:51 AM
sammy

a litttle curious

can munich, milan, rome, and paris be done in 12 days, if so which places would you visit

Mar 26th, 2001, 12:48 PM
xxx

i'm confused. are you in the asphalt business?

Mar 26th, 2001, 05:22 PM
Bob

Do Rome and Paris and really enjoy these two great cities. Save Munich and Milan for another time.

Mar 26th, 2001, 05:37 PM
Bob Brown

I agree fully with the other Bob in the posting above. I have been to Paris for a total of 9 days in the last two years and I still have places to see.

Of course, we made a repeat visit to Musee d'Orsay, but it is worth a repeat or two, or three.
If you take trips to see such historic places as Fontainebleau, Versailles, Vaux le Vicomte, and Chartres an even longer visit to Paris is in order.
Rome was not built in day, nor can it be seen well in one.
It is your trip, and the measure of success is yours alone. But I for one have never seen the logic in a measuring device that was based on total city count.

Mar 26th, 2001, 06:18 PM
Andrea

Of course it can be "done" in 12 days, if what you mean is to get to visit each of the cities.

There are many reasons why this might be a good itinerary for you:

* You happen to like city-hopping, just getting a taste of one city and then a taste of another.

* This may be your only trip to Europe for who knows how long, and those 4 cities have equal appeal to you, and you can't bear to think that you might miss one and will never have the chance to go back.

* You enjoy hitting one or two "highlights" in each city, and then having one afternoon to just wander around a part of town that appeals to you.

* This is the type of vacation you enjoy, and you will have the opportunity to return to visit the cities that appealed to you at greater length on a return trip.

We had a week's vacation last Spring, and spent 2 days in Athens and 4 in Paris (our first trip to Athens, not our first to Paris). Some people would argue that 2 days is not enough in Athens (or that it's a shame to go to Greece and only see Athens). For us, however, seeing the Parthenon was one of the things we most wanted to do, and we knew that we'd have another opportunity to come back and really "do" Greece. So for us, the 2 days in Athens was fine.

If you have your heart set on seeing all 4 cities this trip, you might have better luck if you post each destination separately, and say: "Only 3 days in Munich - what are your favorite sights?"

(And you'll get much friendlier responses if you say, "I'm interested in art/the outdoors/music/shopping and have on my list already attractions A, B, and C. What are everyone else's favorites?")

Mar 28th, 2001, 06:23 PM
All i want to do is

i am in the asphalt business. are there lots of opportunities in europe?

Mar 28th, 2001, 06:38 PM
StCirq

Sure, it can be done, but do you want to do it? If you're going for the "overview" trip, this is it. You'll need to fly or take overnight trains to each place, though and frankly, you'll hardly have time for the major sites in each place. Get yourself a good travel guide (Let's Go, Rough Guide,EyeWitness) and pick out what you think you can manage in a day or two..and good luck.