A La Carte Apartment Rentals in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Myself and 3 girlfriends are about to book a 2 bedroom apartment through A La Carte Paris and I'm wondering if anyone has used them and what their experience has been? The apartment we're going to book is St Germain Magic. I know it's probably not the cheapest around but I've been looking and looking and it seems to be the one we like the best. We have to have 4 single beds which isn't easy to find!! So far, Katy, has been the one to reply to my emails and she has been very prompt. I'd love some feedback before I actually go ahead with this. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 10:18 PM

There are SO many vacation apartment rentals in Paris, you just may not find any reviews for a particular property. For sure, four single beds is a formidable challenge and you're lucky to find a nice-looking property with same. But, you never know how long ago those photos were taken. Could be considerable wear and tear since...

A vacation rental is always a huge leap of faith for the guest, but also the owner. You do have to carefully consider all photos, likely taken with a wide angle lens, and assume that all you see is all there is, to wit, all that space will likely be much more cozy that you would presume.

Be advised that often, but not always, responses are prompt and informative until you pay the deposit, whereupon communication may become much slower and/or more difficult.
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 12:07 AM

I don´t know about a la carte apartment, but if you go to the south of France avoid going to any bullfight rings or anything to do with bull, which are tortured to death!
Also avoid similar things if you go to Barcelona, or Spain.
Enjpy your trip,
allez vous!
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 01:16 AM

I have used a la carte apartments and they were fantastic. We stayed in 2 x 2bedroom apartments on La Rue du Cherche Midi. They were spotlessly clean and beautifully furnished. The staff were great to deal with, including making an emergency dental appointment for me when I broke a tooth. I couldn't recommend them more highly.

adammacia what on earth does bull fighting in the south of France have to do with accommodation in Paris - not helpful!!
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 03:34 AM

sorry cathies, I know my answer wasn´t to do with the question, but I just wanted to mention this, because a lot of tourists, don´t know anything about bullfighting and in some bullrings, they rely so much on tourists that don´t know anyhting, to keep paying and helping them survive, torturing poor animals.
And I thoguth who knows, maybe these 4 girls might go travelling later in southern France and go to a bullfight.
I have to keep spreading the word to help animals.
Anymore info: www.pacma.es
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 06:58 AM

gaeandjohn,

I have looked at the a la carte site. They have some nice apartments and it appears to be a nice outfit. I always stay in a Paris Perfect, and couldn't be happier!Finding the separate beds can be a challenge. I do know that PP for instance does have some dual kings which helps with this sort of thing.
Good luck to you and have a fun trip!

Joan
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 01:16 AM

adammacia, I see from some other posts that you are on a mission to spread the word. It's a fair point but you will really annoy some of us here if you keep sidetracking posts with your issues with bullfighting.

Maybe start a new thread to draw attention to it. Particularly as you are a new member and this seems to be your main issue.
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info everyone. Especialy thanks to cathies who has stayed in an a la carte apartment - great to know you had a good experience with them. The most difficult part has been the 4 single beds and the St Germain Magic apartment was the nicest we could find after having looked at lots of sites. Joan, we did find one we liked with Paris Perfect but it was already booked for our dates.

I have now paid my deposit and I don't imagine I will need to correspond with them again until closer to our travel date (which isn't until next year - we're getting organised early ).

adammacia, as it turns out we're heading to Barcelona for 5 nights after Paris, so we will keep your comments in mind. cathies' idea of a new thread may help you, though.

Thanks again.

Gae
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 05:33 PM

Gae I'm glad I could help. I doubt you will be disappointed. Don't forget to come back with any other questions you have while planning your trip. How long are you going to stay in Paris?
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 06:54 PM

We used Ala Carte rentals for a trip to Paris on May 2007. We didn't stay at the apartment you are looking at, but as you mentioned, they were always prompt in their replies to all of my many, many questions.

You might want to check if there are any other companies who also rent the apartment you are looking at just to compare prices.
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Original Poster

cathies, we'll be in Paris for 10 nights. Two of us have been before - my husband and I were there in 2008 for only 3 nights - not long enough, of course! I'm really looking forward to having a bit more time there and it will be fun and very different as a "girls" trip. If I have any other questions I'll be in touch.

Anna, I'm pleased to hear you had a good experience with A la Carte as well.

Gae
Old Jun 18th, 2010, 02:23 PM

Gae, my first trip to Paris was with girlfriends (we were celebrating our 50th birthdays). We were there for 7 nights and had a fabulous time.