Reload this Page >

A ferry from Amsterdam to Oslo?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2000, 08:13 PM
Robbyn

We are going to Amsterdam next Friday for 3 days then making our way up to Norway to visit relatives. We were going to drive but thought there was a ferry from Amsterdam to Oslo. Has anyone done this? I am not sure where to get information about this, like...where do we pick up the ferry, the name of it, how long does it take and what the price would be. Also, I hate being on a boat and am afraid of rocky waters. Should it a fairly clam trip? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. <BR>Thanks, <BR>Robbyn

Old Mar 7th, 2000, 10:50 PM
Kaja

Hi Robbyn, <BR> <BR>There are no ferries from Amsterdam to Oslo. I guess your options will be to drive to either Kiel in Germany or Copenhagen/Fredrikshavn in Denmark. <BR>It is possible to take the ferry from Amsterdam to Newcastle and then from Newcastle to Bergen or Kristiansand in Norway. Check the web page: http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/ <BR>I guess the best choice would be to drive to Fredrikshavn in Denmark and take the ferry Fredrikshavn - Oslo. <BR>Kaja

Old Mar 8th, 2000, 04:58 AM
Sjoerd

There is NO ferry from Amsterdam to Oslo. <BR>If you don't like long boat trips, take the short ferry from Putgarden (Germany) to Rodby (Denmark) (one hour) and then from Helsingborg (Denmark) to Helsingor (Sweden) (one hour again) <BR>You will need two days for the Amsterdam to Oslo trip.