Reload this Page >

A decision has been made!! Thanx!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 06:57 AM
Kati

Thank you to everyone who helped me in deciding between Rome and Amsterdam, I have thought long and hard and with all that everyone said I have decided on Amsterdam, now I need help in finding a hotel that will lodge 3 adults for about $250.00 a night one on the water would be great! and I need to know about there dollar what is it called? and what is the currency rate?, Thanx again to everyone who helped in this decision

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 07:06 AM
Ishoo

I believe it is the guilder. Go to oanda.com for all your currency answers.

Old Jun 20th, 2000, 03:22 AM
donna

Kati- good choice! The other day 10 Dutch Guilders equalled approx. $4.38 USD- or $10 USD + almost $23 guilder! So the exchnage rate is good for Americans, esp.if you are used to big city prices. We have no problem finding a nice hotel on the net on a Holland site for two for 235 guilder, including breakfast, which is now about $100USD- so for $250usd a night you shold have a good selection. Some people will say call a travel agent to book the hotel room-they usually have "chain" hotels, not the smaller canal type houses. have fun!

Old Jun 21st, 2000, 06:04 AM
Bill

We found the Hotel Toren to be quite nice. Two classic canal houses very near the Anne Frank House. Very nice staff. Fairly modern rooms. Good free breakfast. I think we spent $125/night for canal view. Made our reservations directly by e-mail. A web search should find their site.

Old Jun 21st, 2000, 07:05 AM
ilisa

I second the recommendation for Hotel Toren. We paid about $122/night for a lovely, lovely room overlooking the canal.

Old Jun 21st, 2000, 07:43 AM
jeff

Hi Kati, <BR> There are three hotels that come to mind that are canal hotels. The first one is Canal House; the second one is The Ambassade and the third one is the Pulitzer. I have stayed at the Ambassade and enjoyed it very much. If you decide on this hotel, request a room on the second or third floor that overlooks the canal. Have a great trip! <BR>I'm sure you'll love Amsterdam. <BR>