Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > 9 nights tour, pls suggest an itinerary
Notices

9 nights tour, pls suggest an itinerary

Feb 16th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Original Poster

9 nights tour, pls suggest an itinerary

Hi..I am planning a 10 day euro trip in first week of june for our 1st wedding anniversary,and would really appreciate your suggestions for the itinerary. We would love to cover 3 places..my dream destinations are Paris and Switzerland..
We will be flying from New Delhi..
Feb 16th, 2015, 01:23 PM

Three places for a 10 day trip would mean that you would spend one-third of your time in transit. If it were me (and it isn't), I'd choose either Paris for 10 days with the option of s day trip or two OR Switzerland for 10 days.
Feb 19th, 2015, 02:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Kathie, I really don't want to waste my time in transit..could you pls help me understand lil more on this..If I choose Paris and Switzerland.. And if I choose 6 nights for Paris..What kind of places are there in paris that would keep me busy for this whole time..Also I have heard that Switzerland is expensive..
Feb 19th, 2015, 12:00 PM

Hi Divs - you said:

<>

And then

<>

Since Paris is a dream destination you must have a list of things you want to do and see there. 6 days is barely anything in Paris. I have been to Paris around a dozen times and still have seen and done everything I want to!

Do you have a guidebook for Paris? If not you should get one and look through it. Decide the places you want to visit. Some sights you might just want to walk by and some you might want to go inside. Some people just want to see the Eiffel Tower and some people feel they must go to the top, for example.

Where in Switzerland do you want to do?
Feb 19th, 2015, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Hi Elizzie!

Yes it is my dream destination only coz of Eiffel tower..I want to go to the top and watch the city..I am not the totally museum kind of person..n nope I don't have any guide book.. But thanks for advicing..I will surely get it..I would like to have a feel of the local culture
And in Switzerland, I am confused between Interlaken and Lucerne..
Feb 19th, 2015, 02:58 PM

I could spend months in Paris and not run out of things to do. Indeed, we were in Paris for 10 nights in May and couldn't tear ourselves away from the city long enough to take a day trip... next time, perhaps. I do have a trip report here, though my interests and yours may be quite different, as went spent lots of time in art museums.

Spend some time with a guidebook.
Feb 19th, 2015, 03:19 PM

. . . and also click on Destinations at the top of this page. There is a lot about Paris.

Search this Thread