Reload this Page >

B & Bs in Edinburgh

Search

B & Bs in Edinburgh

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 1998, 10:01 AM
Nadia

B & Bs in Edinburgh

My husband and I are going to the UK in May and will be staying in Edinburgh for 3 days. Would love recommendations for a centrally located B&B within easy walking distance of good pubs and restaurants. Looking for B&B that is very clean, spacious and has ensuite bathroom. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

Old Apr 15th, 1998, 07:46 AM
steve

Nadia,

I stayed at the Ardenlee Guest House in Edinburgh and really loved the visit. The owner is a woman named Judy (she is not particularly fond of Americans, but she liked us). It's a quaint, well-maintained, clean place. Her breakfast in the mornings is terrific and our room looked over a nice little garden. Some rooms have their own bath. Unfortunately, I can't find the phone number, but a travel agent might be able to help you. I definitely recommend it. If you don't mind a short walk, it's not far from Prince's Street and all the main attractions.
Have fun - Edinburgh is the most beautiful city I've ever visited.

Old Apr 18th, 1998, 11:36 AM
Chris

You need to check out 2 addresses on the internet for Hotels and B & B's. We're doing England-Scotland in June & I've booked all my reservations in advance through these 2 places. You can compare prices, they even have photos on the internet. The addresses are: www.theaa.co.uk/hotels/index.html and www.smoothhound.co.uk/hotels/parklodg.html
Good Luck and have lots of fun!!

Old Apr 18th, 1998, 11:40 AM
Chris

Sorry-I just posted a note and gave the wrong internet address: it should be www.smoothhound.co.uk/shs.html. That's their main page. The other address takes you straight to one of their hotels. Sorry!

Old Apr 19th, 1998, 06:23 AM
Raleigh Ragan

I don't have an ensuite B&B for you, but I do have a great dining tip. Be sure to eat at THE WITCHERY right below the castle. It's lit entirely by candles and is very gothic and really neat. My wife and I spend about $50 (US) for our meal there and it was worth every penny. I'd make a reservation - if you have trouble finding their phone number, email me and I'll root through our stuff and find it. Have fun!