6 DAYS IN MILAN

May 18th, 2016, 06:54 AM
Original Poster

6 DAYS IN MILAN

Hello guys. I have a question regarding a 6 day trip that I am going to make to Milan. I am going to a concert there in October but because I am at school I couldn't take more than 6 days for this trip. Does anyone of you know how's the weather there in October? Which cities near Milan would you recommend me to spend most of the time? Or how could I organize my 6 days there? I've read in some posts that Milan actually is more of an industrial city than a tourism city to visit, although it has it few cool places to visit. Should I spend like 2 days in Verona, and another 2 days in Venice? 1 day in Turin? What could be the best outcome for me to spend very nice these days? As of my concert I have it on a Saturday, then I have one more day free in Sunday and then I return on Monday to my home. This is my second trip that I make to Italy. I visited Rome in the first trip for 10 days and honestly I wouldn't go back. I liked it, yes, but I want to know more of Italy in these days. Thank you very much in advance for all the advises I can receive of you guys.
May 18th, 2016, 07:42 AM

Bergamo stands out as an easy visit
May 18th, 2016, 12:14 PM

I think Milan is greatly underrated as a city, but I also think you could see the highlights in 2-3 days, depending on what your interests are. If seeing the Last Supper, be sure to get tickets in advance.

I guess you'd have to decide whether you're taking day trips from Milan or spending nights elsewhere. If it were my choice, I'd just split the time between Milan and Venice. If you haven't booked a flight already, you could fly into Venice, do 3 days there, then train to Milan and fly out.
May 18th, 2016, 01:23 PM

You mention 2 of my favorite cities, Torino and Verona. If it were up to me I would spend most of my time split between those 2 cities and less in Milan. Torino has beautiful piazzas and pedestrian streets and Verona is very charming with its coliseum and many beautiful pedestrian streets.
May 18th, 2016, 07:29 PM
Original Poster

Wow, thank you very much for the quick reply guys. I couldn't be able to enter here until now. As an update to my trip I am actually going to be able to spend 4 more days. So, instead of 6, 10 days. For sure I want to go to Turin and Verona, and Venice. And the Last Supper it seems very nice too to visit. Maybe i'll spend 3 days in each one of those cities. By any chance, do any one of you know the singer Francesco Renga? That's the singer I am going to see live in Milan. I can't wait for October to come.
May 18th, 2016, 08:38 PM

6 DAYS IN MILAN
Posted by: esouthtexas2017 on May 18, 16 at 10:54am

For Milan you could visit La Scala, the Galleria, and the Duomo. That would take an afternoon. Then get out of town.

Your options include Florence, Venice, Verona, and others mentioned.