50 Year Anniversary Trip

Old Jul 23rd, 2018, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
50 Year Anniversary Trip

We are in our late 60's and are having a hard time deciding where to go for our 50 year anniversary trip. Two years ago we had a wonderful time in Greece, Santorini, Naxos and Athens for two weeks, we have no problem going back but are also thinking Sardinia and Sicily or Portugal. Anyone who has traveled to those areas, we would appreciate some input, this will be for two weeks or more next June, last half of June. As we live in the gulf of Florida and on the beach we are looking for part beach vacation and part city and usually rent a car for part of our travel to see the area. I'm usually good at planning our trips but want to be able to enjoy beach and swim but not sure how warm the water will be in those areas. Water here is in the 70's by May and 80's by summer but dealing with Atlantic in Portugal or the Mediterranean is different I know. Portugal or Italy?? or back to Greece but different islands??
Old Jul 23rd, 2018, 09:17 AM

I would pick Sicily in a heartbeat and spend the whole time there!
Old Jul 23rd, 2018, 09:52 AM

I haven't been everywhere but Sicily this past April was one of my all time best trips ever. I say go to Sicily. We saw so many beautiful beaches, but we aren't beach people like you. Still they looked wonderful.
Old Jul 23rd, 2018, 11:34 AM

I would love to go to Sicily but I did just get back from Portugal.....Loved it! We were there for 2 weeks and rented a car for 9 days. We flew from JFK direct to Lisbon after 3 nights rented a car and drove to Lagos in the South, stayed in Lagos for 3 nights and drove to Evora, only for one night but worth the stop on our way back North. We then drove to Nazare and stayed there for 2 nights. Moving on to the Douro Valley for another 2 nights....drove to Porto - returned the car and stayed 2 nights....train back to Lisbon for the final night. Its a small Country so easy to go from one City to the next. The people, food, wine, accommodations all wonderful....and the infrastructure was great.