48 hours in Dublin

Old May 22nd, 2009, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
48 hours in Dublin

My daughter and I have settled on 2 days in Dublin before continuing on to London, etc. She is 7. I don't want to have a kiddie trip (all kids' activities), but what might be interesting for her to see in Dublin? Also on the second day (a Wednesday) should we take the South Coast and Gardens tour with Dublin Sightseeing, another tour, or just stay in the Dublin area?

Your help would be so appreciated!
Old May 22nd, 2009, 12:37 PM

I spent two days in Dublin when leaving Europe for the United States last time I lived back there. I would certainly check out Dublin Castle and the exhibits that are there. It's been nearly two years since I've been there, but there would definitely be something age-appropriate in that area for you.

I'd spend one day in Dublin and a second day elsewhere, like you suggested! I think a lot of what's fun in Dublin is more suitable for adults (e.g., the Guinness tour, Temple Bar, etc.). I also liked Malahide Castle and the surrounding areas, which is a short bus ride away!
Old May 23rd, 2009, 03:23 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, Jen. I thought as much (about Dublin being more for adults).
Old May 24th, 2009, 03:55 PM

No worries -- good luck!
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:37 PM

When we were there in the summer Riverdance happened to be playing at the Gaity theatre. It was so amazing to see it in Ireland and the theater was gorgeous. The area around the theater is nice to walk around also. My 4 year old daughter loves to watch Riverdance clips on youtube, so I bet a 7 year old would like it is as well.
Old May 31st, 2009, 10:23 PM

http://www.vikingsplash.ie/
A fun way to get a tour of the city. Have not tried it, but everyone always looks happy!

The National Museum of Ireland - Archaeology has some interesting exhibits that a child might enjoy in small doses. http://www.museum.ie

Taking a Dart ride to Dalkey to visit the Castle and walk by the sea could be fun for both of you. I believe there is a theatre group that does living history presentations at the castle (May 1st - Oct 31st - daily). http://www.dalkeycastle.com/livinghistory.asp

Marsha