45 days in Serbia - help with planning

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2022, 09:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be for 45 days next year( April/May) in Serbia. I'll stay about a month in Belgrade to try to have a glimpse of the people and the way of living. After that I think of going to Nis for a week and Novi Sad for a week. Is it a good plan ? Will I cover the general idea or is there a better option to this two cities? Thanks for your help !!
Old Nov 30th, 2022, 07:35 AM

All depends on your interests. Novi Sad and Subotica which belonged to Hungary until 1918 have not much to do with historic Serbia. May be you are interested in the old monasteries in the South of Serbia.
Old Dec 27th, 2022, 11:29 PM

For Belgrade it easy, take Belgrade Card (belgradecard.rs) a great travel tool if you’re a first-time visitor to Belgrade. It will assist you how to get around with no trouble, what sites not to miss, free access to museums, discounts and other benefits in galleries, great restaurants and cafes.

I would recommend must see places but you should examine according to your interest plan your stay. Use organized tours or do it by yourself with renting a car.

North: Vojvodina region

Novi Sad, Petrovaradin fortress, Sremski Karlovci, Fruška Gora and Krušedol Monastery.

East:

Danube tour to National park Djerdap, Lepenski Vir, Golubac fortress.

Tour to Devils (town) gate and Rajac.

Waterfall Veliki Buk, Manasija Monastery, Resavska cave.

North&South:

Uvac canyon, Sargan 8 railway, Mokra gora, Mileševa Monastery,Studenica Monastery, Visoki Dečani Monastery.

Golija national park, Novi Pazar, Djurdjevi Stupovi Monastery.

Rafting river Drina and Tara.