3 DAYS IN PARIS

Sep 9th, 2001, 12:34 PM
Sherry

3 DAYS IN PARIS

Help needed! We will be in Paris for 3 nights in late Oct. We were there in Dec.2000 and stayed in the paris Hilton but this time we want more French authencity in our hotel.We are looking for a nice hotel with breakfast included,perhaps,for about $150-175.00. We liked the area around the Eiffel Tower but not the Americanized Hilton.
My husband will have business at the Hotel Nikko(SP?), so we'd like to be in the vicinity of that.Anyone know anything about the Grand Hotel Leveque, Hotel de l'Abbaye,Hotel de Louve,or Grand Ecoles???

Sep 9th, 2001, 12:51 PM
Book Chick

Hi Sherry,
I'll be staying at the Grand Hotel Leveque next month. It is considerably under your budget. (My cousin & I will be staying in a triple & it's just under $100 per night for the room.) I believe breakfast is a small additional fee, but we (the cousin & I) feel that since we're going to be on rue Cler, we'll probably just go out each morning to get breakfast. (I personally enjoy eating fresh fruit in the morning.) The Grand Hotel Leveque is sometimes rated as a one star, I have also seen it rated as a two star. It's pretty basic, but cleaning and has undergone a renovation at the end of the '90's. I believe they indicated they have an ice machine in the lobby, hairdryers in each room, and I understand the ensuite bathrooms are small, but the small shower stall does have a door.

Other folks here are assuredly more likely to know more about your potential other picks. Hope this helped.
BC

Sep 10th, 2001, 08:06 AM
Russel

Sherry,
Time is short, but try these:

*Hotel St. Germain-des-Pr่s 30 rooms
36 rue Bonaparte – 6e
double-1020, deluxe-1350 (breakfast, 75ff per person)
fax: 011-33-1-40-46-83-63

*Hotel Dauphine St. Germain-des-Pr่s 30 rooms
36 rue Dauphine – 6e
double-1090 (breakfast, 91.80 per person)
fax: 011-33-1-43-26-74-34

*Hotel Le Regent 25 rooms
61 rue Dauphine – 6e
double-1150 (breakfast, 60 per person)
fax: 011-33-1-40-51-05-07
================================================== ==
Hotel Prince de Conde 12 rooms
39 rue de Seine – 6e
double-1028 (breakfast included)
fax: 011-33-1-46-34-27-95

Hotel de l’Od้on 29 rooms
13 rue Saint Sulpice – 6e
double-1050 (breakfast, 58 per person)
fax: 011-33-1-43-29-97-34

Hotel St. Paul 31 rooms
43 rue Monsieur Le Prince – 6e
double-1280 (breakfast included)
fax: 011-33-1-46.34.58.60

They're all located near the Bd. St. Germain, which is considerably more authentic than the Paris Hilton. The prices will fit your budget, though breakfast usually is an addition, not included. The area around the Eiffel Tower is the 7th arrondissement, which is OK, but not quite as nice. If you must stay near the Nikko, you'll be trading neighborhood for convenience. Your husband can probably get to and from the Nikko by taxi or metro without much difficulty. The same is true for all the hotels you mentioned, three of which are in the 5th, 6th or 7th.

Sep 10th, 2001, 09:58 AM
Fred

Here are a bunch of comments from various people who stayed there:
Royal St. Honore (4 star right bank)-
an excellent choice
rooms are small, well furnished
Great hotel
nothing could be better
would definatly stay there again
just loved it.
Staff was wonderful.
Room was beautiful
perfect in every way.
was wonderfully quiet.
room was average sized, not small at all
For more Paris information e-mail me – [email protected]

Sep 10th, 2001, 10:37 AM
Christina

(? FYI the Royal St-Honore above isn't on the Left Bank.) The area around the Nikko is kind of a newer area, at least in terms of buildings and architecture, and more residential so there aren't a lot of hotels there, especially 3-4 star. There are a few decent 2-star or budget hotels around there which would be very convenient to his business and the area around place Charles Michel is convenient. In that area, I think a few of the best are the 2-3 star Hotel Ares (see www.hotelboulevard.com or www.parishotels.com), Hotel Alize Grenelle or Beaugrenelle St Charles (they have same owner I think but are budget and maybe not so Frenchy charming, espec. latter) www.hotelbeaugralize.com. Those are the best I can think if right near Hotel Nikko. In the 7th, I think the Hotel Duquesne, Le Tourville or maybe La Bourdonnais (try www.webscapades.com) or Cadran might be ok for what you are seeking. Certainl the Grandes Ecoles is charming but nowhere near the Eiffel Tower; I've heard some people who liked the Hotel de l'Abbaye a lot and it's well-recommended I think but it's not near the Eiffel Tower, either (although closer than the Grandes Ecoles, I really think that would be a bit of a pain in commuting, there are lots of nice hotels closer for your husband than that). The Leveque is decent in its range but it's a basic, low-level hotel, nowhere near in quality what you are looking for. There are several hotels with "louvre" in the name, the Hotel du Louvre is one of the nicer 4-star ones, but it's not even on the Left Bank.