Reload this Page >

$3,000 and March for two

Search

$3,000 and March for two

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:41 AM
chellolive

$3,000 and March for two

hey everyone,can you guys give us some ideas for a trip in march. we probably have about 3,-3500 for a week and a half at the end of March. we are debating just to wait until the last minute and check all the last minute deals.<BR><BR>thanks, michelle and mike

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:54 AM
x

Before someone attacks you, you should provide more details. Where are you flying from? What areas of Europe interest you? Does this include evrything (hotels, air, food, spending money)? I am actually curious to the responses to this, as I am trying to plan a trip at the same time with about the same amount of money for two.

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:07 AM
chellolive

thanks. we are from georgia and would be flying out of jax-to boston. we went to ireland last year and had an amazing time. we did go in off season and spent around the same(time and money) as we have for this year. i just wanted some ideas. we would even love to go back to ireland. we open for anything within this budget. thanks.

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:09 AM
chellolive

sorry, this budget would need to include hotel, flights and rental car.<BR><BR>thanks in advance. michelle

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:18 AM
Marj

That budget is very workable in Europe. Decent Hotels can be found at most price ranges. Our 2 most recent Europe trips were in late March and 10 days each. One was Paris-Amsterdam (no rental car need here, just a train ride between cities), the other was Italy (Venice, a couple of days on the road, and Rome). Both of these would be doable on your budget. I would check airfare for cities you may be interested in and see where you can get the best deal. Another possibility is Paris-London. The weather that time of year can vary. It could be quite cool, and there could be rain. It does warm up quite a bit as you move south (when we were in Italy it was 50s/cloudy in Venice and hit 80, and sunny in Rome).

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:54 AM
Anne

If you're unsure where to go, it might be fun to check out the dream maps on travelocity.com<BR><BR>You put in where you are flying from and how much you want to spend, and it tells you the places you can go for that amount. It's a good place to start and is fun even if you're not actually planning a trip.

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:47 AM
k

Hi,<BR><BR>Well, I would suggest Italy (try Amalfi coast in the south), Greece, or southern Spain if you want to try to get warmer weather. I have been to Italy and Greece and both were fabulous. I did Italy in October 2000 and the weather down south was quite warm.<BR><BR>There are endless possibilities. Your budget is reasonable for almost anywhere. The big cities, London and Paris, are more expensive for eating and hotels, but you can go to England or France and spend part of the time outside of those cities - see some of of the countrysides. <BR><BR>I also really liked Prague, and it was very cheap when I went there (there are also lots of little quaint towns throughout the Czech Republic). <BR><BR>Good luck planning!<BR><BR>Karen