20th Anniversary

Search

20th Anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
20th Anniversary

My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy next summer for our 20th Anniversary. We are undecided as to which tour group to go with so that we see all of the important sites. Are probably going for about 10 days. Any suggestion? I have seen Rick Steve's tours on PBS, but don't know if that is the best choice. Please help.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 09:40 AM

Hi
Does it have to be a tour?
What stops in Italy did you have in mind, and what's your budget?
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 10:37 AM
jay

I would think that you could do more romancing on a self guided tour. You know, not having to be anywhere you dont want to be. You may want to use his books to help plan.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 10:46 AM

You will probably get more help if you entitle your post something like: "Need Help for 10-day trip to Italy". And you will find more people on this forum who plan their own trips. You should first think about where you want to go and, if you still feel more comfortable with a tour group, it will be easier to help you. If you have never been to Italy, the "Big Three"(Rome, Florence and Venice) is a good start for 10 days. A trip to those three destinations is quite easy to do on your own.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 12:09 PM

Hi ljmarks,
Congratulations! You do not mention what kind of budget you are on. You could go to Tauck tours website and see what they have. Tauck is not inexpensive but my inlaws and some dear friends really like them.
If you are up to planning, you can do research and do your own trip. It takes a lot of time but the web and this site are great helps. If you do decide to go it on your own, get busy now. You can still look at Tauck to see their itineraries as they usually go to the "must sees" for us tourists. Whatever you decide--happy travels!