My husband and I are planning a 2 week (15 days) trip to Europe next April, begining Easter weekend. It will be my first visit and my husband has already done a 'first time whirlwind' tour excluding Italy. We plan to visit London (3 days), Paris (3 days), Florence (3 days), Rome (3 days) and Venice (1 day), in that order. Our starting point is London and we take our flight back home from Venice.
I am keen on a day or 2 in Amsterdam as it would be the tulip season....but it seems a lot of time would be spent travelling. Brussels is also an option since it has direct train connection from London.
I am confused whether we should stick to our original plan and give an extra day each to London and Rome or take out time for Amsterdam/Brussels. Would highly appreciate some advice here
Also, I was initially planning to book a Eurail pass, but now i am not too sure. Since the countries we plan to visit have mostly high-speed trains that require reservation, is it really a good idea to buy the pass? Instead, we could just opt for individual city passes for daily travel. What do you suggest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 3 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 4 Where to stay in Naples?
- 5 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 6 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 7 Driving
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 10 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 11 My France Vacation
- 12 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 13 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 14 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 15 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 16 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 17 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 18 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 19 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 20 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 21 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 22 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 23 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 24 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 25 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour