Thank you in advance

Bonebal
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have a nice time!

http://wikitravel.org/en/Venice
Old Feb 16th, 2014, 05:27 AM

Use the Search the Functions at the top right of this page. Then check out Fodor's Destinations.
Old Feb 16th, 2014, 12:45 PM

Just get on a vaparetto and work yourself to the bow of the boat as people get off. Sit in the bow and watch the city go by as the vaporetto makes stops (like a bus on water). Cheap way to see the sites. Get off where you started.

Venice is VERY expensive. Be prepared. The only economy there is YOU...a tourist. We will be there again in September and already know it will be costly.

Do some research on your own. Read. That is most of the fun of travel. Find what you are interested in.

Just walking the streets is fun, especially at night. The town gets full in the daytime with day trippers, cruise boats. It is much nicer in the evening.
Old Feb 16th, 2014, 03:40 PM

The hideous thing about Venice is the area from Rialto to San Marco from about 1030am till 430pm or so. You can go to Rialto at 9pm, and hardly see a soul.

Another minorly hideous thing is the Strada Nova that curves way around and covers most of the path from the train station to San Marco, in a grand arc through Cannaregio. It's simply too wide and dull and well-travelled to have charm, though it does have a couple good groceries.

The simple thing is to do those central spots early or late. Then have the rest of Venice to explore freely mid-day. Get a really good map and do the off-beat and the outskirts when everybody else is there, and enjoy the main sights early or late.

And traveldawg has it right with the vaporetti - - doing the Grand Canal after dark is FAB (especially in a thunderstorm). But either try to avoid the main vapos (#1 & #2) at peak travel times, or get on first, where they originate, though this is difficult. Taking the vapo around the outside of Venice proper (from the station past the cruise harbor toward Zattere one way, or P. Nova the other way) is also really cool. That and Burano.
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 07:14 AM

Hi, in my new blog www.mariangelagallo.it you will find suggestions and itineraries. If you need any help write me! (I am Venetian I worked as a tour guide in several years) Buon viaggio