2 days in Norway-Help

Search

2 days in Norway-Help

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 days in Norway-Help

We are in Amsterdam want to take a short trip to Norwayaround march 21, probably flying to Oslo. Suggestions for fjords, should we start at Bergin?
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 12:10 AM

Yes BERGEN is a good starting point. But getting from Amsterdam to Bergen can be done several ways. You can do a Basiqair from Rotterdam- Oslo and then one of many carriers from Oslo to Bergen (or do the Norway in a Nutshell trip from Oslo to Bergen), or you can take a boat from Amsterdam to Bergen I beleive. Or you can fly dirctly from Amsterdam to Bergen but that is more expensive I think.
Hope that gets you started.

Cobos
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 04:49 AM

Just having 2-days I would fly direct to Bergen and do a round trip to the fjords from there. Don't go to Oslo, you really do not have enough time. KLM has direct fligts.
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 03:49 PM

I flew Braathens to Bergen from Gatwick but try Ryan Air to Torp Airport in Oslo for cheaper prices (a bit far from the city though).
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:22 PM
jk_seattle

London Stansted direct to Bergen on Norwegian Air Shuttle (www.norwegian.no) costs about 37 euros one way (including tax). I found all the options for flying to Bergen from the mainland to be expensive. And, it takes alot of time to get from Oslo to Bergen. The day trips out and around Bergen are spectacular. Try the Norway in a Nutshell out of Bergen and back to Bergen. That route still includes Flam, Sognefjord boat trip and Voss. The Norwegian rail site:
http://www.nsb.no/internet/en/travelplanner/products/
Also, you could take a 3 hour boat trip to Haugesund. Or head up to Mt. Floyen to hike around.
Good luck.

Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:23 PM
jk_seattle

Oh dear -- I see this is rather too late. Your were to visit on March 21. How did it go?