Search

The best way from La Spezia to Venice?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The best way from La Spezia to Venice?

Hi,

I'm going for a short trip to Italy this coming June. From Rome I'm going to take a train to La Spezia (Cinque Terre). But I have no idea how am I suppose to go from La Spezia to Venice. I am short on time so I would like the fastest way and cheapest if possible to Venice. I checked the train but I get more confuse than I was before.

If you have a direct URL link on the train times would be great too. I hope to get a really early morning train so I can arrive Venice not too late.

Help!
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 04:39 PM

OK--but you show your inexperience in that you did not tell me the day of the week nor the date in June--both matter.

Weekend schedules vary from weekdays, and train schedules all change in June. So, it all depends on above.

But, I do find a weekday schedule in May showing this---it may not very much later in June.

Dep La Spezia Central at 06:54 and 08:07
Both connect in Pisa and Florence
The earlier takes 4:49
The latter takes 4:13

That puts you in the ballpark---good luck !
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Original Poster

Hi Bob,

I am inexperience, this is my first time planning an out-of-country trip all by myself, and it's hard since it's a really tight schedule. Our target is to get as much as photographs done because we are going on a trip to take photographs -- for my final year project. So you can say this is a work trip too.

Travel dates: 13th June - 19th June

13-16: Italy 17-19:France

As you can see, we have very little time from places to places. I cant afford to waste any time. It seems impossible but I will try to make it work. And most of the time, I plan on being on the move so I take the option of taking the overnight train, so I dont spend too much on accommodation.

That is why I hope I can pick your brain, you got sooo many experience on Italy! I will continue to check on the train in the website.

Thank you so much Bob.
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 12:37 PM

Do not plan on overnight trains, very few of them are left. Itineraries shorter than 7-8 hours are simply impossible to overnight trains that would arrive in the middle of the night. Long overnighters (i.e. cities in the north to cities in the south and Sicily) were killed by low cost airlines that offer the same itineraries at lower prices and faster service.
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 12:45 PM

I notice that you are going to France when you leave Italy. Have you already made your reservations for that trip? I am asking because, if you go to CT before Venice, you might be backtracking to go to France. Perhaps you could go to Venice, then CT and on to France, unless you are flying from Venice