1st Floor room at Villa Rosa?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going to AC in Oct. and selected the Villa Rosa based on the feedback on this forum. This is our first trip and we want the best view possible. The only rooms they have left are 1st floor with partial view? Should we book or select another hotel? And which hotel would be comparable?
Thanks Lori
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 01:43 PM

Sorry, I don't have information for you. But I believe the hotel is offering you a room on the second floor (American). Would be best to get a nice view even partially but I wonder if you see anything much from the room they are offering? Hopefully others will advise on other hotel choices.
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 04:06 PM
Original Poster

What exactly would be considered a partial sea view? I'm finding many hotels offering this view, I must be too late for a decent room.
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 04:37 PM

At some hotels partial sea view is better than looking straight at the sea. I know that it is nice to overlook the town with the sea to the side or in the background. At night the sea is just black and when overlooking the town you have the lights.
I like to watch the people scurring around town below the hotel.
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 05:00 PM

I stayed at the Villa Rosa in September 2004. I believe I was on the second floor American, and there was a floor of rooms below us. The view was nice, but keep in mind that the hotel Le Sirenuse is on the opposite side of the street in front of the hotel. Even my view involved the roof of Le Sirenuse and it was not considered a "partial view". So, when they said first floor, I think they meant it and I seriously doubt you'll have a good view. I could be wrong, but I think all the terraces at the hotel face forward, so you'd have a view of the busy street and the other hotel I suspect, not necessarily a nice "town" view like Seaurchin suggests.

That said, We did enjoy the hotel. We had a bright airy room with a large terrace. But, I recall telling my husband I'd only want to go back if we could stay on the third floor, which would have completely unobstructed views. If you have your heart set on a view, I'd try somewhere else. Otherwise, I would recommend the hotel.
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 05:19 PM

Yes, I wasn't talking about that hotel specifically and glad kelloo mentioned it. I would not like to have another building make my view partial, but some hotels there mean part sea view and part over view of the town such as the Villa Franca hotel.
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 06:02 PM

We, too, just booked the Villa Rosa based on this forum's feedback and, because the room that was more affordable had a "partial sea view," we wound up spending more than we originally wanted to. Since it's our first trip to Positano (and likely to be the last for a while), we bit the bullet.

I've gotten personal recommendations re the Albergo Miramare, the Poseidon and, on a slightly less upscale level, the Pasitea.
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 06:48 PM
Original Poster

I was afraid the partial view would be no view at all, so I checked on the Poseidon and Villa Franca, both of which have only partial views available. We had our heart set on Villa Rosa due to the size, location and recommendations, but I can't imagine my view being of another hotel on my 1st time to Positano. Sea Urchin, do you think we should book the Villa Franca partial view room instead or is the room just not that important and we should stay with Villa Rosa?
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 07:43 PM

We have stayed at Villa Rosa twice but only on the third floor. We LOVE this hotel and have booked again for next June. If you must have a sea view and the first floor has none, then book elsewhere. Villa Rosa is one of the least expensive hotels in this very expensive town, but if you can afford to pay more for a view, then do it.
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 11:56 PM

Hi wineandtravel, I stayed in the partial view room at the Villa Franca and loved it. You have a view of the whole town and the sea from your porch. There is a van to ride down into the heart of things (and back up) but it is an easy walk too.

Be sure and have them confirm to you though exactly what they mean by a partial view, they speak English. I wouldn't want you to get stuck in a strange room that I didn't notice!!

I was in the annex.
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 11:57 PM

Oh and I am in the camp that thinks the room and view is important!!
Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Sea Urchin,
Villa Rosa confirmed the room has no view, so we'll pass this time. I've got a request in to Villa Franca, but no response so far. Villa Gabrisa confirmed for a suite on our dates at 185E per night. Web site looks great but can't find feedback on the forum. Maybe we'll just take the chance and try someplace new. As I've heard the views from all over Positano are fabulous.
Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 09:20 AM

Villa Gabrisa looks nice on Venere. Can you chose your room? I seem to remember walking by it, on the Fornillo side of Positano.

villa Franca seems a little more upscale, hope you can get a great place, wherever! Let us know.
Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 09:25 AM

I just look at V. Franca's web site and we had the room shown in the upper middle of these photos. Sea and town superior room.
The standard room seems like it has the view of the town but I dont know how you can view the town w/o the sea in the back, better ask.

http://www.villafrancahotel.it/rooms/rooms.html