Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

12 Traveling to Paris - need apartment (ideally)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 05:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok - so I have been designated as the one out of the dozen to find an apartment(s) (or hotel) for the 12 of us for an April jaunt to Paris. My husband and children are travelling with two other families of four (who have never travelled to Europe before) - and we want to make their stay there memorable.

I have a few options for quad hotels in Paris...have done some research on apartment rentals (whereas we could rent 3) but have not found anything that would accomodate 12. Does anyone know of such a beast in the city? Or has anyone rented a house in Paris?

My friends really all want to stay together. To me it is too much togetherness - but I've been outvoted. Anyone have any ideas? Price range $6000.00 for the week. Thanks!
Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 05:17 AM

Having down a lot of browsing of Paris apartment sites, I've seen a number of up to three bedroom places that hold up to 8, but never 12. On the other hand there are a number of apartments where there are two or three available together -- in a row or at least the same building that would suit your needs. All I can suggest is to google for Paris Apartments and start searching.
You might check "www.drawbridgetoeurope.com"
I know that on their site you can enter number of people and city and see what it is offered. And I do know that in some locations they offer several apartments together.

Good luck.
Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 05:18 AM

I now have my coffee.
Above I meant to start "Having DONE a lot of browsing. . ."
Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 05:29 AM

That is a pretty tall order but it is possible. I checked the many websites that I keep for reference and want you to look at Parisattitude.com. Look at reference #617 which appears to be several units together that can sleep 17!! Four bedrooms with queen beds and the rest would be sofa bed type acommodations but you did say children are in your group and they could probably do fine. I have not stayed in this apt, just happened to see the listing. Could be worth looking into...
Good luck!
Peg
Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Thanks guys! I'll check it out.
Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

Has anyone used parisattitude.com to rent an apartment? good or bad experience?
Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 08:48 AM

I think the apartments at www.parisperfect.com are all in the same building, which might be an option. (And honestly travelling together with other people is hard so you might enjoy the space a bit.)

I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this company though have never used them myself. I prefer staying closer to the Rue de Buci but the Parisperfect apts are located right near the Rue Cler which is the big open air market popular with Rick Steves buffs.

I don't know much about the other place you asked about but if you do a search in this website for "Paris Apartments" you'll come up with TONS of companies to browse through. Just when you think you've looked at them all, there are MORE.

~k
Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 09:16 AM

This would be memorable for anyone, but it's just outside of Paris:

http://www.goin2travel.com/frenchchateau.htm

There's a company that rents several apartments in the same building on the Palais Royale, but I can't find the name just now. Will look and let you know.
Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 09:34 AM

As has Patrick, I have scoured the web for Paris apartments and do recall some that listed multiple units in the same building, which might meet your need for togetherness with some separate space. (BTW, your instincts are right on - there is such a thing as too much togetherness!) Agencies offer some nice places, and I found a lot to choose from at www.vrbo.com. There is also a nice compilation of rental agencies online at www.wfi.fr/lodging.html
Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 10:38 AM

4totravel:

This may be the ideal company for you. They have three 2 bedroom apartments and one 3 bedroom, all in the same building, all opening onto the lovely Palais Royale gardens. I'm dying to be able to rent the largest one, which looks stunning on the website, but I have neither the need nor the cash, malheureusement.

http://www.parisvacationapartments.com/prop.pl?8
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 04:33 PM

We have used ParisPerfect for our paris apartment and they do have several in the same building which might work for 12. Usually you can get 8 in an apartment but 12 is a lot for one place. You must really love each other cause that would be very close quarters. But give ParisPerfect a try they are wonderful people to deal with and their apartments are as beautiful as their website shows.