Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

12 Step Program for Travel Addicts....here are the first 7!

Feb 6th, 2001, 02:18 PM
kk

"Hi, I'm Kay, and I'm addicted to European travel."

Step One, I know that I was powerless over the desire to travel, that it has taken over my life and that I am a hopeless, mumbling idiot unless I am in a plane on my way to somewhere gorgeous in Europe.

Step Two, I came to realize that there was no greater power than sitting in the small cafe Vitterio in the square of Montipulciani, sipping wine with someone I love close at hand, or in Lago di Como, or on the Spanish Steps or along side that sweet little stream in Burton-on-the-Water.

Step Three, Gave up and called the air line to try to find the cheapest ticket.

Step Four, Lied once again to the board of directors about how I am prospecting for new work at these places I <need><want> to go.

Step Five, Confessed to myself, and a lot of people around me, that I had no choice.

Step Six, Led others down this path of frivloity and joy.

Step Seven, Made a fearless inventory for the next trip, hoping to make it more organized. And go more often!

Anybody care to fill in the next 5 steps to complete the necessary 12?

Feb 6th, 2001, 02:39 PM
jen

Step 8:

Made a list of all the Fodorites from whom we could pump info about our travel destination of choice.

Step 9:

Communicated our questions to Fodorties on the list.

Step 10:

Continued to fantasize, drool, sigh, whine over our travel plans, and read Fodor's on a daily basis to integrate traveling into our daily affairs.

Feb 6th, 2001, 02:50 PM
kk

Good ones, jen!

Feb 6th, 2001, 04:40 PM
howard

Step 11: Played into the hands of the critical and sarcastic anonymous Fodors posters by trying to be cleverer than they were., anonymously, of course.
Step 12: Finally succumbed to the temptation and became a member of the PAC, anonmously, of course.
How're those for rounding out the golden dozen?

Feb 6th, 2001, 05:57 PM
Danna

can we start again? I haven't figured out any great additions, but may.
Fun Thread!

Danna

Feb 6th, 2001, 06:18 PM
kk

Absolutely, Danna, start again. 112 is fine with me!
And, Howard, YOU could never be a pompous ass, never.

Feb 6th, 2001, 06:27 PM
Danna

kk
Are you a member of the pompous club? HMMM
Danna

Feb 6th, 2001, 06:30 PM
kk

Dunno, Danna, because as far as I know, no one's ever nominated me. Then again, I did suggest ribbons for the official uniform. I don't know whether to be flattered or amused or offended at your suggestion, so I shall just say, thanks.

Feb 6th, 2001, 06:34 PM
Danna

kk

Ribbons R US! I was concerned about moles you know! Come back to the "Other Side"

Danna

Feb 6th, 2001, 06:34 PM
kk

Oh, Danna, you are the one who pointed out that my ribbons suggestions was pompous when I posted on the elitist thread. Dang, I keep gettin' these clubs all mixed up. It's too much for me.
I still like ribbons, and sequins, with the big number 12, as in 12 steps to true travel addiction. [email protected]

Feb 6th, 2001, 06:42 PM
Danna

kk. it's tough keeping these alliances straight. really, I only get nasty in annonymous mode. Most times just say what I have to say, and risk the response. So, whaddya think about chat?

Feb 8th, 2001, 07:21 PM
Katie

Hey Kay - My name is Katie - and I too am addicted to European travel!

I loved your 8 steps and will be thinking of my own.... The only unfortunate thing about my "addiction" is that none of my friends or family have this same problem. So I am often left ot travel alone --- any suggestions for a traveler like me? I can't give it up just b/c no one wants to go with me!!

Feb 8th, 2001, 07:34 PM
Sinker

Sinking for everyone.

Feb 9th, 2001, 09:53 AM
up

up