12 hours in Paris

Mar 28th, 2002, 01:18 AM
Jane

12 hours in Paris

What are the places I can visit in Paris, if I've only 10hours during my flight transit? I'll be arriving in the Paris airport early in the morning, i.e. 9.30am and leaving Paris on the same day at 10.30pm. What are the transportations available, bus/train? (I can't speak French)

Mar 28th, 2002, 02:42 AM
Statia

I can suggest that you use the metro since it's quite easy to figure out in Paris and it's affordable.

If it were me, I would want to hit the main sites such as the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and so on. However, I'd advise getting a good Paris metro map at a bookstore (they're in a lot of guidebooks) so that you can map out your route and have a plan beforehand.

You can also use the RER line to get from the airport into the main metro system of the city. Just give yourself plenty of time in returning to the airport in case you have any delays.

Check out Ann's thread on here. She just returned from Paris and could probably give you lots of tips.

Hope it works it for ya.

Mar 28th, 2002, 03:05 AM
Myer

I've given this plan to 2 people and it's worked.

Check luggage at the airport. Take the Air France bus (45 minutes) to town and get off at the Opera Garnier (old opera). See the building.

Walk down rue de la Paix and through Place Vendome. Ritz hotel and designer shops. Come out the other side and trun right at the garden gates. One block and you are at Place de la Concorde.

To the right is rue Royale and Madeline Church. Look ahead and you can see the Arc de Thriomphe. Look ahead and left across the bridge and you see the Eiffel Tower. Just across the bridge and 2 blocks left is d'Orsay Museum. Behind you are the Tyilleries and beyond is the Louvre. Just past the Louvre is Notre Dame.

Pick out your choices. Take a few cabs (pretty inexpensive) and you'll see the Paris highlights in a day.

Good Luck!!.

Mar 28th, 2002, 03:55 AM
j

And don't forget to stop and have at least one good meal! While almost any place you eat should be delicious, you might want to look into places where you'll be and pick one in advance. One suggestion, if you're on the Left Bank near St. Germain, is Epi du Pain (sp?), where we had a FABULOUS prix fixe dinner for about $20!

Mar 28th, 2002, 05:00 AM
Monica

L'EPI DUPIN
11, rue Dupin, 75006 Paris
Phone: 01 42 22 64 56

I agree that this was a great restaurant!