Reload this Page >

11th District Restaurants Pls????

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 04:26 AM
Gary

A family of 5 will be staying in the 11th District for 3 days in August and we would greatly appreciate any dining recommendations in the area. This is our first trip to Paris and would love to find some great neighborhood spots. Thanks so much. Any other recommendations and advice greatly appreciated. Regards.

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 09:10 AM
Lesli

Astier (44 rue Jean-Pierre-Timbaud, 11e.) 140F menu (115F at lunch) with choice of appetizer, main course, and dessert. The cheese course allows you to select your choices from a platter. Great food at great prices!

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 11:47 AM
Margo Classe

11e <BR>UN SAUMON A PARIS: 32, rue Charonne, 11e. Fresh smoked fish. Tel: 0147700323. Visa, MC. Hrs.: Mon.-Fri. 12noon-2pm & daily 7pm-11pm. Closed Sat. & Sun. lunch. Métro: Ledru-Rollin. This restaurant is not on Adrian’s list but several locals told me about it. I loved it and ate here twice. I wish I had had more time to eat here again. It’s a tranquil intimate restaurant with a wonderful variety of dishes using smoked fish. Owner/chef Olivier takes great pride in making you delicious food but doesn’t work weekends. Françoise, the waiter, speaks great English and enjoys translating the menu. I had the cocotte eggs w/poutargue as an entrée at 54F (I had no idea what it was but I loved it); the mid-smoked salmon w/spinach, cream, etc., as a plat at 68F; white tarama at 20F; a very rich & homemade creamy chocolate cake and 1/2 white wine at 65F. Only 9 tables, so come early or make reservations. <BR> <BR>CHEZ CHARLES-VICTOR: 8, rue Brézin. 11e. Traditional French. (Creative).Tel: 0140445551. Visa, MC, AX. Hrs.: 12noon-2:30pm & 7pm-10:30pm. Closed Sat. lunch, Sun. & holidays. Métro: Mouton Duvernet. 105F 3-course and a la carte menu: entrées 35F, plats 57F, desserts 33F. This restaurant serves a meal that is rarely found in Paris at these prices. You could easily spend more than 250F for the same innovation, beautiful presentation and fabulous taste–traditional French. with a twist. To say that we are always impressed is an understatement. The ambience is casual and pleasant, flesh colored duo-tone walls, classic wooden chairs, open and airy with light jazz playing in the background (later drowned out by boisterous the crowd of happy diners). The menu is exhausting with 12 to 14 items to choose from in each category; a wide assortment of fish, meat and poultry, and each dish sounds more appealing than the next -- so difficult to make a decision. It doesn’t seem to matter what you choose, however, it’s all served hot (or at a perfect temperature), pretty as a picture and surprisingly delicious. Service is good and friendly; patrons are neighborhood folks "in-the-know." Margo’s comments: I had ravioles d’epinard a la creme ciboulette, foie de veau (veal liver) & chocolate fondant for the 105F. It was delicious. <BR>

Old Jul 31st, 2000, 01:59 PM
Jocelyn

CHEZ PAUL <BR>This small restaurant is on the corner of Rue de Lappe and Rue de Charonne, right in the heart of the Bastille nightlife. It serves delicious, typical French cuisine at good prices. The wine list is great too. The restaurant is always very crowded, with locals and with tourists. But if you get there early, you can get a table, otherwise make reservations. It is very cramped upstairs and downstairs, so by the end of your meal, you will have some new French friends. It has been written up in Wine Spectator magazine, as well as many guidebooks. <BR>

Old Aug 1st, 2000, 05:44 AM
francesca

I second the recommendation for Chez Paul. Get a table outside or choke on the smoke, and you must reserve (if you want an outside table). Across the street, Cafe de Passge is an nice wine bar with light meals. The restaurant Le Passage is wonderful, on a tiny street called Passage de la Bonne Graine near Ledru-Rollin metro stop. Jacques Melac, an extraordinary wine bar about 20 mins walk down rue de Charonne is also wonderful--both good food and wine and very casual. Walk down rue de Lappe for the people watching but avoid the chain restaurants and singles' bars. L'Ecluse is a nice wine bar with good, light meals on rue de la Roquette. Enjoy.