10th Wedding Anniversary

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 12:07 PM
Keith

10th Wedding Anniversary

I would like to take my wife to Italy,but not sure where we should go. We like just about everything under the sun so that makes it very hard to decide when you have never been there. Any suggestions??????

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 12:13 PM
Wendy

For such a romantic occasion, I can't think of a better place than the Amalfi Coast. So many places to choose from: Naples, Positano, Amalfi, Ravello (!!), and of course, Capri. Depends when you're thinking of going. Late Spring/early summer or fall are best in terms of crowds. We just got back, and it was so wonderful, we're already scheming about when to go again. Good luck and congratulations!

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 12:15 PM
bedi

Italy is an excellent choice! I loved Venice, very romantic. Tuscany is gorgeous and, though I've never been, I'm told by several people who have been to Capri that it's the be all, end all of beautiful places. Wherever you end up, in Italy you'll find beauty and romance everywhere!

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Nancy

Keith,

We too have chose Italy as the place to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. The first part of our trip is to the Amalfi Coast for 5 days. We will be in Venice for our actual anniversary date. After that, we have rented a farmhouse in Tuscany for 1 week. We loved Italy when we were there a few years ago, especially Venice...very romantic city (to us).

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 02:46 AM
Kay

Keith and Nancy,
I just HAD to reply - we are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary next year in Italy too! I can't wait to go - am in ultra-planning mode. We're having a couple of days in Rome to recover from jetlag (all the way from Australia, a 20 hr flight) then 5 days on the Amalfi Coast, visiting Tuscany and the Cinque Terre then Venice for our actual anniversary which I just found out falls on Good Friday! It will be just us and a zillion Italians all celebrating Easter.
Hope you both have a wonderful romantic time.
Kay

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 11:43 AM
Nancy

Thank you, Kay! We are 1 month away from leaving for our trip, but am pretty relaxed as we started planning this trip in January. I can relate to the ultra-planning mode.

We have chosen several of the same areas of Italy to celebrate (Amalfi, Tuscany and of course, Venice!). Please let me know if I can help you with questions. We leave 9/27 and return 10/17.

Hope you have an absolutely wonderful trip.