I have read quite a few trip itineraries here and so I thought it will be great to post and get your input. My wife and I are going to Italy for 10 nights and 11 days. We will be landing in Rome on 1st Sept AM and flying out of Venice on 11th Sept at around 7pm. We were planning to the following:
1) Rome for 3 nights
2) Amalfi Coast for 2 nights (there is a direct bus from Rome to Amalfi Coast that leaves around 6am and reaches around 10am)
3) Florence for 2 nights (either fly from Naples to Florence or take the train. In Florence we were planning on renting a car to see the vineyards)
4) Venice for 2 nights (Take the train from Florence to Venice)
5) Last 1 night is still open
I was hoping to get your suggestions and input on the above itinerary. Is it too many places? Where should I add that last night? Should I just rent a car after Rome and use that to travel to Amalfi Coast and then Florence and return the rental car in Venice? Or is public transportation the way to go? Also best neighborhood to stay in Rome? Any other suggestions or input on hidden gems to visit along the way, favorite local cafe / restaurant, must see places etc. will be much appreciated.
Please help me out
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 2 Family vacation
- 3 Tips for first trip to UK
- 4 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 5 GTG Paris December 2017
- 6 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 7 Dubrovnik
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 10 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 11 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 12 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 13 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 14 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 15 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 16 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 17 which language school in Italy?
- 18 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 19 Driving
- 20 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 21 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 22 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 23 Christmas Markets 2017
- 24 Budget trip
- 25 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!