We are a couple in our mid 20's from NYC looking to do a 10 day (possibly 2 weeks) trip in May. We mainly want to see breathtaking sights, eat tasty authentic Italian food with views, take scenic walks on cliffs etc. without feeling rushed with too many early morning daytrips.
I thought 10 days would be great for the Amalfi Coast but many itineraries I looked up seem to say that the area is too small...?
1. What is an ideal itinerary/length to see Naples (just to check it out, get pizza , Pompeii, Capri, and the Amalfi Coast? Don't need to see Rome/Florence etc. again on this trip.
2. With 10 days-2 weeks, could we add Sicily into the mix? How far is it by ferry/train?
3. How is the weather/popularity in May? Is early May better or closer to June?
4. Any recommendations for a cliffside view room with balcony for under $250/night in Positano?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 2 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 3 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 4 GTG Paris December 2017
- 5 Barcelona to Malaga
- 6 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 7 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 8 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 9 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 10 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 11 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 12 Which Area in London?
- 13 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 14 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 15 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 16 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 17 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 18 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 19 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 20 Paris November 2017
- 21 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 22 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 23 Transportation in Brittany
- 24 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 25 Trains - website?